Soma Kars PRVATE SCHOOL ISTANBUL

Hi guys,

Does anyone know or work in Soma Kars private school in Istanbul? They have been sending very promising job offers and I just want to make sure it is not a scam. Does anyone receive the same offer?

https://www.seriousteachers.com/job_det … key-turkey

Hi guys,
Does anyone know or work in Soma Kars private school in Istanbul? They have been sending very promising job offers and I just want to make sure it is not a scam. Does anyone receive the same offer?
-@Gabriella12345

Hello,

Is this a scam, I have had an email asking for an interview? If you have any more information please let me know.

Thanks

Hi guys,
-@Gabriella12345

They are 100% a scam. The building they give as their address is an apartment building. There is some businesses at the bottom of it but none of them are a school. There is no school located in that building.

Hi guys,
-@Gabriella12345
Hello,

Is this a scam, I have had an email asking for an interview? If you have any more information please let me know.

Thanks
-@sarashi

Yes its a scam. They are not a real school.

It's all a scam money after money. I asked my sister to check cause she is in Turkey and there is no school there. Paid 3250dollars and now they want a further 5000 I've been scammed. How do we shut them down? Sent an email to the authorities in istunbul and safps and unhcr let's see what happens.  There is a guy from the UK Dixon and he said he got all his documents visa, flight and the works. Don't know if he is part of it

you have no vision. obviously, the scammers are not located in istanbul, neither in turkey.

where did you send the money to, by which way of transaction?

@Gabriella12345

Dear Gabriella, this is 100% a scam. They just wanted money for documents and a flight ticket in advance with promises of refunding it on arrival in Istanbul. I was stupid enough to fall for it and lost a lot of money. That happens when you are desperate for a job. Don't let it happen to you. Research the school  online before applying and do not send any money. Frans

@Gabriella12345

Hi Gabriella. This is 100% a scam. They just want money from you in advance to pay for docs and a flight ticket. I fell for it and lost some money. Please do not get caught like me. Do your research of the school online and do not send money in advance. Frans

@Gabriella12345 Hi there, i just interviewed with them too and I am quite worried about their authenticity. Did you find out if it is real?

@maphorisareneilwe I have an interview with them today... And considering all this comments I am conflicted

@maphorisareneilwe hello I have an interview with them today and as I was researching about the school I came across this website saying they are a scam..I am totally conflicted If I should do the interview or not

Good Evening Everyone

I saw this promising job offer online from  Private School and I applied for the teaching position and I went through the interview process (which was very brief and kinda weird, but when you're in desperate need for a job you tend to overlook certain things) then they further contacted me for a working document process, which they wanted money for that according to them would be refund 48 hours after my arrival in Turkey then i started to figure out ways to raise the money for these working documents in the midst of that I spoke to a close friend of mine that is currently teaching in Turkey and she said I should give her a couple of hours to do some research and to ask some of her colleagues that were born and raised in turkey. Long story short she came back saying that it's a damn scam and they video called me and said that first of all when you apply for a job no employer should ask for any money from the candidate because the whole reason for applying is to make money, so where will you get the money from if you're unemployed, secondly, in the TEFL industry the employer (the hiring school) pays for everything (working documents, flights, taxes, accommodation etc) you just have to do is just cooperate in terms of submitting the documents, thirdly the school is support to be a private school yet the address is in the ghetto… that's where I kindly told them I don't have the money to pay for anything hence I am applying and all TEFL teaching adverts, posts pay for everything if you're from another country, then I assume the scammer figured I was onto them because in the beginning I was willing and excited about the “opportunity” I had even submitted a resignation letter at the job I was currently in at the time, they then offered to work out a deal with me where I would pay 60% of the amount and that's all they can help me with ( and now knowing what I knew and all the red flags I was like that would still be a huge loss for me) I kindly emailed them and said I withdraw from this opportunity and thanked them for their time and consideration. I was heartbroken but I thanked God for saving me from them because it could of been bad.

I am writing this here to help others out there that are conflicted or about to pay these scammers hard earned money, do your research thoroughly and listen to the red flags. These are not good people. I hope my truth and story helps others.