International schools within budget

Hi all,

We are moving to KL in a month or 2 and i am anxious as i a have been unable to finalise on the schools for my kids - age 10 and 4.

Had GIIS or Sayfol international on mind. Pls provide reviews of both the schools. Also in case of any other schools in the same budget please suggest. Currently we are located in kerinchi.

@madhurip you can check Fairview

Hi ,you can also consider Stars International school : https://stars.edu.myThis is in Petaling Jaya area, which is close by Kerinchi area.

All the above mentioned are god awful schools. As an educator I would never work at any mentioned here, and certainly wouldn't ruin my kids education in these.

Some that you might consider in the mid range are Taylor schools, SKIS and ELC (cheapest'). If you can't afford these DONT be an expat with kids! Is my advice. Employers should always offer a free school place.

Hi Madhuri,

I would recommend Heritage International School, heritage.edu.my, which offers quality education not only academic but also non-academic.  My son, age 12 and daughter age 8 study in this school, and we have been happy with their progress. It is within a good budget of around 18K per year compared to other international schools. Both, GIIS and Sayfol charge much higher fees, but their education is below mark based on my conversations with parents of these school. Especially, GIIS has a terrible classroom culture plus there is high orientation towards academics, disregarding the mental health of students.

Do let me know if you need more information