Be moving soon SA to Saint Clair Michigan

Hi,

We will be moving / immigrating to Saint Clair, Michigan, USA withing the next three months...I am looking for  moving / relocating movers from SA to Michigan....SA Relocating is quite pricy...

Thanks

THea

Hello ferdiel,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Get a free quote for your move to Michigan here > https://www.expat.com/en/movers/north-a … /michigan/

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Thea,

Welcome.  What brings you to St.Clair?  I live somewhat nearby.  Any questions about the area of just MI in general, let me know.   Unfortunately I can't help with your query about movers.  Hope you enjoy crazy weather, road construction, and MI's great food!

Romaniac

@romaniac

Hi

Oh my gosh, I did read about the weather and my wife keeps on telling me the same....we just bought two chihuahua pups before I got the job there....she's scared they will not adapt to the cold1f914.svg   How expensive is food and things there?  food / furniture etc?

Regards

Ferdi

@ferdiel

The pups will be fine, they will adjust just as you will :)

Prices for food/furniture?  Reasonable I'd say.  Like anything, it depends on your tastes/habits.

Groceries. here is a weekly ad from a grocery store in St. Clair.  You'll get better prices by driving to stores in Chesterfield/New Baltimore or the Port Huron vicinity.

Furniture can as cheap or expensive as you like.  There is IKEA and some (value) furniture chains around, and there are upper-end shops that sell hand made (Amish) furniture built from solid wood/premium fabrics.  A lot of people buy second-hand furniture on Facebook groups as well that is often in near perfect condition.

@ferdiel

Any updates? It's been a few months....

romaniac

Hello

Future looks bleak....co applied for a national interest waiver which will take from 3 up to 9 months...then 1st of mar or apr they can apply for the HB1 visa - lottery - should i be successful, they said the earliest I would be able to start with the co, will be Oct 2024....with everything going on worldwide - USA and their wars I do not have high hopes for anything these days

Thanks for the interest

Regards

F

Hello
Future looks bleak....co applied for a national interest waiver which will take from 3 up to 9 months...then 1st of mar or apr they can apply for the HB1 visa - lottery - should i be successful, they said the earliest I would be able to start with the co, will be Oct 2024....with everything going on worldwide - USA and their wars I do not have high hopes for anything these days
Thanks for the interest
Regards
F

-@ferdiel

The U.S is not engaged in any wars. Regardless, that would have no impact on your visa or day-to-day living in the country.

When you posted originally, it seemed as if visas were already approved and you were imminently moving.

Good luck then

@romaniac

Yes when I posted it seemed that way however as things progressed the visa became an issue because I have been unemployed now for approx 1 and a half years....according to the immigration lawyer they do not grant normal work visas to people who are unemployed.....which does not really makes sense as this is why people leave their countries....

Hence his NIW + H1Blottery visa process.

Regards

I really get your excitement in moving to someplace new; I've always loved doing it myself. My family and I have been moving to different places for as long I can remember. Something about that fresh start and getting out into the new community really lights a fire under you. The last time that I moved, I finally hired some moving guys to help me out, and boy, was it worth it. They were professional and took all the stress out of the process. If you need it, I have been dealing with the company Three Movers. They're great. Maybe they can help you.