Spouse eligibility for the 30% ruling

I'm currently in the process of relocating to the Netherlands, and have already applied for visas for both myself and my spouse. Concurrently, my spouse is also seeking employment opportunities in the Netherlands.

This situation raises a question about the Dutch 30% tax ruling. Specifically, we are wondering if my spouse, upon securing a job in the Netherlands, would also be eligible for this ruling, given that her visa application has already been filed through me.

Has anyone in this group successfully obtained the 30% ruling for their spouse under similar circumstances? Any insights or experiences you could share would be greatly appreciated.

Hello

Last time I checked, 3+ years ago, you need to secure your job before moving to the Netherlands inorder to qualify for the 30% tax fule.

@eternalfool

Hi good morning do you have a any contact number

Please

Thank you

Yup, this link says explicitly that you can only get the 30% ruling if you were recruited from outside the Netherlands (and there's specific distance requirements for that as well).

It says nothing if the spouse can apply too...

This is the question that the OP asked.

It says you have to be recruited from outside the Netherlands. If she gets a job while outside the Netherlands and she meets the other requirements for the 30% ruling (and her company is willing to offer it), there's no reason why she wouldn't be able to get it.

However, if they relocate to the Netherlands and THEN she gets a job that offers the 30% ruling, she wouldn't be able to apply.

@eternalfool

Hi, I moved to The Netherlands 23 years ago and received the (first) 35% ruling and later the 30% ruling for 10 years.

I believe these days they have cut back the number of years (due to a ton of controversy over the years!)

However, when you start working in The Netherlands, you can contact immigration and ask for this 30% rule form (though I think it might be online these days) and fill it out. The form applies to your job and your job only, though, and then you send it off. When you are cleared, you will start receiving a substantial increase in your salary for however long it applies.

This does not have anything to do with your wifeś job, though. When she gets a job (recruited from abroad!), she will have to fill out the same form for her job .. and see if they will grant it for her as well. :)

Hope this helps!

@3Josh

However, the condition also includes the wordings - ''for more than 16 months in the 24 months prior to your first working day in the Netherlands". So is this supposed to mean like if the spouse does manage to find a job within few months (say 3 or 4, less than 24-16=8 months), would still be eligible for the ruling?

You aren't eligible for the 30% rule if you already reside in the Netherlands. I believe what your quote refers to is that if you previously lived in the Netherlands you may qualify for the 30% ruling after you've been away from the Netherlands for a certain period of time.