Help me not panic haha (Almost time to arrive in Peru to get married)

Hello all,

First, let me say how helpful this community has been. You all have answered many of my questions and I truly appreciate it. You all have helped me so much during this stressful time of planning.

I am one to think the worst scenarios and I want to make sure everything will be ok when I arrive in Peru on June 13, so here is my situation/time line (so you know the back story) and my question to follow:

I came into Peru last year on June 3, 2022. I stayed for 79 days. I came back to Peru on October of 2022 and was told I had 11 days to stay and figure out what I was going to do. I stayed 88 days longer than the 90 days I am allowed as a Canadian citizen and I left to go home January 12 2023.

In December of last year, I visited Migraciones and also talked to a lawyer and asked to make sure when I would be allow to come back because my partner and I are planning on getting married and I will be applying for the family visa. Everyone I talked to (person in Migraciones in Lima, the lawyer, the woman at the airport when I left in January) said as long as I pay my fine (which I did - and I took a picture of the receipt just in case) I can come back after June 3 of 2023 as it will be a year past my last original entry date of last year.

I have all my paperwork for getting married. My forms have been legalized in Canada by the Peruvian embassy, the documents have been sent to my partner in Peru who has had them legalized with the Ministry of Foreign Relations and they have been translated. I also have scans and copies of the forms that were translated after being legalized in Peru.

My question is: Do I have any thing to worry about when arriving? Is there a chance that they do not let me in the country? Has anyone here stayed past the allotted time, paid the fine, and came back with no issues?

I have never stayed past the allotted time in Peru, and while I paid my fine and everyone tells me that coming after June 3 will be ok, I am thinking the worst and need some support from a community where I can be certain that things wont be lost in translation. Maybe its wedding jitters but I need some support to stop stressing

Sorry for the long post, but Im hoping this will make me feel less anxious.

Thank you 1f603.svg

Is there a chance they won't allow me back

in the country?

Though anything is possible, if you have a

clean record and filled out the relevant

paperwork, there is no point in worrying.

You did your best and you should do fine.

cccmedia

Has anyone here overstayed the allotted time,

paid the fine, and come back with no issues?

Been there, done that.

Several years ago I overstayed for months due to

health issues and my understanding that Peru is

one of the most lenient countries when it comes

to overstays.

At the end of that stay, I went to the airport outside

Lima where I was directed to pay about 200 USD

at a booth aboutt 40 feet from the ticketing counter.

I paid.  Nobody blinked.  I went to my gate and

flew back to Ecuador.

Last year, 2022, I flew back to Peru via Lima.  There

was no problem.  Nobody mentioned my previous

overstay.  Nobody cared -- and that's a good thing.

cccmedia

I came back in 2014 as born Peruvian, my mom and dad are and where US citizens, with my US passport to care for my mother here for 9 months sell things as the doctors said she was supposed to "die" in 90 days and prior to entering they had given me the time I requested at immigration. I´m still here since my mother will now turn 98 in November since then I have voted in several elections, established a company, had a new Peruvian passport that expired in 2019, a driver's license, opened bank accounts, a permit to carry a firearm and nobody has said diddly-squat to me. Just don´t say anything.

Just don´t say anything.
-@Mark Terzano

Correcto.

And if questioned, say little.

Before I boarded a recent international flight

originating in Latin America, airport security

asked me the purpose of my trip.

I said 'tourism', which typically has been

enough to satisfy a security agent.

But this agent wanted to know more.

So I said 'medical tourism'.

Those two answers, in a total of three words,