Schools that pay in dollars or sterling? Advice pls.

Hi everyone.

A British national here who moved to Pakistan a few years back and am now going back to the uk for a year to do a qualifying teaching course. I want the salary package to be in a foreign currency or should be worth the move to Islamabad. Original plan was to move to Dubai but if we dont, it will be islamabad.

Would like some guidance please:

What course do you suggest I do back in the uk? I have a LLB, LLM, TKT, and was wanting to do CELTA but I dont think the demand is here for CELTA?  PGCE is very intense and very expensive. Is there any other course I can do that gives me qualifying teaching status for schools like the international school of islamabad?

How helpful is CELTA? In islamabad? What can be the salary ranges?

All schools expect international schools will pay you in PKR. Only international schools may be willing to pay you in USD, Euros, or GBP. But that is going to be something you will have to discuss with the school while applying for the job, and something they will have to agree to in the job contract. Otherwise, they will pay you in PKR like everyone else. This will be highly dependent if they think you are worth it to go through the hassle of having to buy the currency on the black market at an very high price which will cost them alot of money. If not then the international schools will only offer you, your pay in PKR.

Hi everyone.
A British national here who moved to Pakistan a few years back and am now going back to the uk for a year to do a qualifying teaching course. I want the salary package to be in a foreign currency or should be worth the move to Islamabad. Original plan was to move to Dubai but if we dont, it will be islamabad.
Would like some guidance please:
What course do you suggest I do back in the uk? I have a LLB, LLM, TKT, and was wanting to do CELTA but I dont think the demand is here for CELTA? PGCE is very intense and very expensive. Is there any other course I can do that gives me qualifying teaching status for schools like the international school of islamabad?

How helpful is CELTA? In islamabad? What can be the salary ranges?
-@nadia143

As far as the qualifications there is no minimum. Some Pakistani schools can accept you with a simple English teaching certificate like TOEFL or some others if you are a native English speaker.

If you go to international schools in Pakistan their requirements may be higher, and may say you need a 4-year degree in either teaching or literature, etc. If you go work for the UN or other international NGO in Pakistan of course they will be higher requirements and qualifications as well.

As far as salary goes. Well that fully depends on who you are working for. If your working for Pakistani schools you may earn 500-600 USD a month at max. If your working at an international school you may make 1,000 USD at max but usually this is only for higher level positions like principals, supervisors, etc. If you work for the UN or a NGO you can ean up to 30 to 40 thousand per year but without a degree, and atleast 5-10 years of previous experience working with the UN or NGO these jobs are very hard to get, and many of them are only allowed to be given to Pakistanis instead of foreigners

Pakistani has been hit with back to back devastation. First with the floods wiping out 1/3rd of the country, and forcing most people to head to Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore and driving up rent prices and other prices extremely high like food. Also driving up crime because now people are desperate for any money.

Then pakistan entering into a new phase of civil war. Now pakistani also entered into political instability with protests, and riots breaking out frequently. And ontop of that they have put very little into new infrastructure even Islambad which leaves you with your power being cut every so many hours per day, which then you will have to have reserve power which if you are buying it in Bahria town, etc is very expensive. It is very common for some Pakistanis electric bills to be as expensive as their whole entire monthly pay.

Not only this you will need to find a very safe and secure neighorhood to live in unless if your pakistani ancestory. Which means you will have paying high prices in Baharia town, DHA, or Diplomatic quarter and even for a one bedroom apartment will be very expensive. If you need a 3 or 4  bedorom apartment or house you can easily expect to be paying up to 1,000 USD or more for simple rent.

If you live in a less secure place you will need to hire your own watchman and with all the other added costs you will be easily paying your whole entire 1,000 USD for security, and basic expenses.

My friend has a Job getting paid 2500 dollars a month. In pak. Its paid the equivalent in rupees.

Is there any other course other than pgce that is cheaper that one can do?