Special School in Gibraltar

Hi,

We are considering a move to Gibraltar but have a daughter who currently attends a special school in England.

Is there a Special School in Gibraltar? Does anyone have experience of their child attending? Do you know if what the admissions process is?

Thanks in advance.

Lauren

Hi,
We are considering a move to Gibraltar but have a daughter who currently attends a special school in England.

Is there a Special School in Gibraltar? Does anyone have experience of their child attending? Do you know if what the admissions process is?

Thanks in advance.

Lauren
-@Laurenjeffery86

It's a bit hard for members to give a response as "Special School" could mean anything. What are her disabilities?

SimCityAT

Expat Team

In England we have mainstream schools and special school (for those with special needs).

My daughter has Autism and learning difficulties and is non verbal. She's 5 years old.

Thanks

Lauren

In England we have mainstream schools and special school (for those with special needs).
My daughter has Autism and learning difficulties and is non verbal. She's 5 years old.

Thanks

Lauren
-@Laurenjeffery86

I'm Dyslexic and I guess you could say I went to a special school back in England many years ago. Thank you for clarifying it.

It will give members something to go on.

Good luck.

I just did a quick search and found this, I don't know if they will be able to help you?

You can always ask. https://www.kusumatrust.org/project/st-martins

You can also contact the Gibraltar government education department.

https://www.gibraltar.gov.gi/education

I hope this is of help.

SimCityAT

Expat Team

As of my last update in September 2021, Gibraltar has a special school known as the "St. Martin's Special School." St. Martin's is a school that provides specialized education and support for students with special educational needs (SEN). The school caters to children with a wide range of learning disabilities and challenges.
Please note that the information might have changed since my last update, and I recommend checking with official sources or the Gibraltar Department of Education for the most up-to-date information on special education schools in Gibraltar. They can provide details about St. Martin's Special School and any other relevant schools or programs available for students with special needs in Gibraltar.
-@jameshatt

As what I said in Post no #5