UK pensioners retire in Finland

Can UK pensioners retire in Finland if they have family there? and if so what is the procedure?..Appreciate any guidance...

Information can be found here https://smartasset.com/retirement/retire-in-finland

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

You will need some kind of residency permit; the Finnish Government website has a section that deals with it; this link will take you straight to it.  I noticed that it has an online helpbot (bottom right hand corner) who can probably answer any questions you may have.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team

Thanks for that ...yeah I've been on that.... the helpbot is totally useless for me....as my situation is a bit different ....

@SimCityAT Thanks for that ...seems to be American based....our situation is a bit different...we come from the UK and have family living in Finland....and we'd like to buy a house there...but are a bit nervous incase we can't get the right to remain or that we have to keep leaving the country every so many months....just seeing if any other English expats out there that have moved there recently in the same situation as ourselves.....thanks for the link though!

@SimCityAT Thanks for that ...seems to be American based....our situation is a bit different...we come from the UK and have family living in Finland....and we'd like to buy a house there...but are a bit nervous incase we can't get the right to remain or that we have to keep leaving the country every so many months....just seeing if any other English expats out there that have moved there recently in the same situation as ourselves.....thanks for the link though!
-@gina62

You will need a visa, contact the Finnish Embassy in London.