Visa extension online

I'm currently in Ahangama, have 30 day tourist visa and want to extend. Managed to do original visa application online fine, using Mac ( iPad) but now trying to extend online am unable to upload the docs required.

It seems iOS is incompatible with most government websites because of the interface, but I do not have a PC, no access to one, there are no internet/cyber cafes anymore and I'm alone so don't know anyone that has a pc I could use.

if I can't do it online will have to go to Colombo in person. Any suggestions?

Hi, you can try to Matara Is closer than Colombo

You can log in to another windows machine with anydesk and do it. I can help [link moderated]

Hello, I had the problem 2 years ago, because the Fotos had too many mb. A friend in Europe got them small enough too upload, check the required size of upload requirements. Good luck.

PS I got application notice at once, then I had to contact many  officials before they sent the payment information about 3 weeks later My European embassy at last  got them to do it.

Hello Bernie did you get your online visa or had to go to Colombo?  An answer would be highly appreciated. I checked for my extension and it seems the regulations have changed. Now after the Hassel of uploading it says there will be a link for online appointment in Colombo immigration to get it stamped into the passport.

Anybody in the forum who did visa extension recently please let me know the current proceedings

Is there a way to avoid going to Colombo?

Are the websites charging fee for extension legit, ie visas accepted by Sri Lanka?

Thanks everybody for advice

•     Hello Bernie did you get your online visa or had to go to Colombo?  An answer would be highly appreciated. I checked for my extension and it seems the regulations have changed. Now after the Hassel of uploading it says there will be a link for online appointment in Colombo immigration to get it stamped into the passport.
    Anybody in the forum who did visa extension recently please let me know the current proceedings
    Is there a way to avoid going to Colombo?
    Are the websites charging fee for extension legit, ie visas accepted by Sri Lanka?
    Thanks everybody for advice

-@tortuga444

@berniebolt31

We just extended ours using my phone (android). The site is picky about file size. I have no idea about apple compatible software sorry. We used a free android app to resize our photo and passport copy.

We were in Sri Lanka last year and did it. Sorry again I have forgotten the name of the app.

Have a wonderful day

I have had a similar issue, my photos uploaded just fine, however upon doing my husbands application it just kept saying photo uploading and I put this down to really bad internet.

I reapplied a few more times with the same issue and I was surprised to find out a few days later that I received an email requesting payment, however they wanted 250 USD for my husband and 100 USD for myself.

After an eternity of phone calls and sending emails, noone gets back to me. I have resorted now to contacting Sri Lanka visa agencies to see what they suggest because I cannot even make an appointment at the visa offices, which I believe is required.

Hello everyone,

Because of the online hassle I got my January visa in Vienna embassy for Euro 240, which was a lot. An Austrian friend applied online and got only 1 month extension to his first 1 month visa ( 50 US) for 100 US, then for the 3 Rd month 150!! US.

However my friends from czech Republik got two month extension with no extra charge after paying 50 US for first month.

I know this information will not be any help, but I had to let off steam.

Best greetings! t444