Register my marriage certificate in Nepal

I am in canda and my wife is in nepal. When i was in nepal the age of my wife was not enought to register for marriage certificate. So how can i register my marriage certificate in nepal while i am in canada.

@rajadipesh508

My understanding is that both husband and wife must be physically present in Nepal and have resided in Nepal for a minimum of 15 days to register the marriage with the court.

Do you and your wife already have a gov't issued marriage certificate from the courts in Canada? The minimum age for court marriage is a little younger in most western countries than in Nepal after Nepal gov't changed the law recently. Or have you only had a traditional/religious ceremony in Nepal that you now want to register with the courts?

Either way, the procedure to register the marriage will be somewhat different, but I think you will both still need to be physically present in court in Nepal or they will not register the marrlage. This post also provides more details on the current rules:

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-proce … e-in-Nepal

My only other suggestion for other readers is not to marry an underage Nepali girl if you are a foreign man. I do realise that many NRNs want to marry a Nepali from a similar culutral background, and that child marriage is still prevalent among many communities in Nepal. But as a foreign passport holder you will encounter many additional obstacles, and attitudes toward child marriage are gradually becoming less permissive, especially for the younger generation.

For those already married, you will be able to register your marriage in-person, but not remotely, once both partners are of legal age. Otherwise, the process for registering a court marriage in Nepal is more complicated than in most western countries, and will need to be done in-person, with witnesses for both partners.