BEST VEHICLE DEALERSHIPS IN BELIZE?

Greetings everyone,

can you recommend a specific dealership in Belize, especially if looking to purchase a new pickup truck? Which ones have the best reputations, and possibly prices that are not too steep?

Also, is it a custom in Belize that when purchasing a new vehicle you negotiate the price, or do dealers simply expect the advertised price to be paid without any chance of a bargain?

Do not go to ****!! We bought an suv there and it doesn't run.  They have had our vehicle for almost a year and last they picked it up from our house when we had already left and won't answer our calls.  I am also paying insurance on this vehicle.  The u.S. Embassy told us to file a civil action! What?

Moderated by Bhavna 7 months ago
Reason : Please share names in private to avoid any potential risk related to defamation
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Pamelaannkatz27 Thanks for the warning, and I am very sorry to hear of the trouble you are going through, quite nasty.

@mcforte We bought our Isuzu D-max pick up truck at Bravo Motors in Belize City. We are very happy with the truck.

Motor Solutions, Belize Diesel, Caribbean Motors as well as Bravo have websites and FB pages.

Best dealership and/or best truck depends a lot on your vehicle preferences, budget and often on the salesperson you're dealing with.

Price is always negotiable.

@Brigitte B

Very helpful, many thanks. I have been studying the posted costs in Belize for a Toyota Hilux, from the dealer, new, automatic, with duties paid. It always comes out to be nearly twice as expensive as buying a Toyota Tacoma in Canada (with all its substantial sales taxes), and then adding on the %46+ Belize duties for a 6 cylinder vehicle. I am not able to find a good reason for buying the vehicle in Belize. On top of that, and the Hilux uses Diesel (very expensive in Belize), whereas the Tacoma uses regular unleaded. Anyway, this surely counts as "too much information," my apologies.

Not at all!

Driving your vehicle down definitely has its advantages, and is always an option.

A few years ago I bought a used Nissan pickup from a very reliable car rental company in Belize City. I bought it from them because because this rental company uses only cars they bring down from USA (built to USA safety standards), and they maintain them well. The price was very good. That truck lasted 10 years before the bad roads I live on wore it out. Get a vehicle that can be easily repaired in Belize, and one for which parts can be easily found.

I also have driven trucks down thru Mexico, one time that went smoothly, the other time it went very badly - please, be very very careful driving in Mexico, or hire a Spanish-speaker to transport it.