Cost of health insurance for expats

This is more of a general question as I know it will vary greatly. I am interested in learning what the average cost of health insurance is for a retiree in Thailand. I was recently given a quote of 457.00 a month which seems steep to me considering many I have chatted with seem to be in the 200+ a month range. I understand there are many variables to quotes but does anyone have advice on who may be best to obtain a quote from or a good insurance provider to work with? Just looking for as much information as possible.

Thanks

Marc

https://checkdi.com/th/main?lg=en

This is more of a general question as I know it will vary greatly. I am interested in learning what the average cost of health insurance is for a retiree in Thailand. I was recently given a quote of 457.00 a month which seems steep to me considering many I have chatted with seem to be in the 200+ a month range. I understand there are many variables to quotes but does anyone have advice on who may be best to obtain a quote from or a good insurance provider to work with? Just looking for as much information as possible.
Thanks
Marc

-@marclarouche

I just got an offer that looks interesting, and is an European insurance Zurich based in Thailand too.

Has 3 levels of insurance.

Can insure 1 month to 1 year without age limit.

The 360 days goes from 770 to 1100 to 1300 €uros per year and can pay both in €uro on IBAN account or Thai baht in Thailand. With little more can include family as well, and young kids for free.

I am now in Thailand on a Non-Immigrant O visa and intend to stay here for years. My travel insurance from Canada is about to run out so I would like recommendations on where I can buy insurance for inside Thailand (so not travel insurance).

Using the CheckDI link above I found Falcon for 7000 baht a year, 3M maximum coverage. Is that reasonable and a good company? 62 year old male.

Thanks!

@Maxi Mari -  what is the name of the insurance company?

@Maxi Mar - What is the name of the insurance company? Thanks, Frank

@rbakker

I never heard of Falcon before. The others I know.

Check Falcon website and  read fine print.

@Maxi Mari

hello, thanks very much for this string of messages on Thai healthcare insurance, yearly costs and names of insurance companies. i also would be very grateful if the name of the insurance company is provided (that you can pay in Euros or THB ( or poss in US $).

I'd also like to know if these yearly plans allow you to pay a monthly premium rather then being required to pay for the anount of the one-year of coverage at the time you purchase the health insurance.

i know one member stated he pays $85 per month (i believe i have the currency of US$ correct but could be mistaken.

many thanks, Doug

I use FWD Insurance. It's a Thailand Company. and it's rather pricey. It's about 87,000 Baht a year. But I just had retinal surgery, and that was 260,000 that the company paid for. So the one surgery paid for the last three years that I've used the company insurance. And I have another Surgery coming up that they assured me they will pay for. Also, my agent is my best friend, so I get first line service.

I realize that's pretty high, but it is lower than some of the. premiums I've been quoted online and it is payable up front.

@marclarouche

Have you taken a look here?

Aidan, thanks very much for the link. Doug

@obeiddoug172

You're welcome. Hope you find something suitable there.

(disable ad-blocker if issues with menu/hyperlinks occur)

Be very careful with these choices, I was initially quoted US$2800 which after a lot of negotiation was reduced (different policy) to about $750. They will try to flog you worldwide cover including the US which is just nonsense.

@ThaiTim

Hi Tim, what company gave yoy the quote of $750? and is that yearly?

thanks, Doug