New members of the Singapore forum, introduce yourselves here - 2024

Hi all,

Newbie on the Singapore forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Singapore if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi to all the expats in Singapore.

@apartmentrent

Hello and welcome !

Regards

Bhavna

@Julien Hi everyone!

this is Nevien, from Egypt.

I will be relocating to Singapore soon, in April.

very excited but also scared 😅

and I'm still looking for a cosy nice play to stay at.

@nevienlotfy

Hello and welcome on board !

Feel free to create an advert in the Housing in Singapore section of the website to receive offers.

I would also suggest that you open a new thread on the Singapore forum to seek advice from members settled there.

All the best

Bhavna

Hihi, happy to meet everyone here!

Hey Ivan123456,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

I noticed you have started a new thread to ask your question. Well done!

All the best,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hello All

I have recently joined the forum.

Excited to meet and start a new journey.

@noahwebster40

Welcome on board !

Are you looking forward to move to Singapore or are you already there ?

All the best

Bhavna

Hi. Welcome.

I just joined this forum recently.

Looking forward to seek your advise.

Hello everyone. I am new here , joined for research reason. I am exploring the options to move to Singapore

@racquel876

Feel free to read the Living in Singapore Guide to know more about Expatriation to Singapore and if you have any questions, do not hesitate to open a new thread on the Singapore forum to seek advice from members.

All the best

Bhavna

Hi

I'm Jake.

Happy to meet you all.

@Julien hello Sir, my name is Sarah Kamara a Sierra Leonean currently living in Sierra Leone, I'm 27yrs and I had obtain a diploma in business administration and a certificate in population study with a four years Job experience as a receptionist. I'm a cheerful,  and hard-working individual that love meeting new people.

@sarahkamara0001

Could you please tell us the purpose of wanting to move to Singapore ?

Regards

Bhavna

@sarahkamara0001 Welcome to the forum!

We have here, spread over many discussions, which you should read and follow, lots of advice on finding a job in and moving to Singapore.

In the end, your chances depend on whether you can convince an employer that you are the right person for the job (despite the added complexity of hiring a foreigner, about which you can also read on this forum). What are your unique selling points in this respect?

@beppi I'm a highly motivated individual who is hard working, confident, flexible and helpful with exceptional interpersonal skills, like meeting new people and taking new adventures. I want to move to Singapore in search of a job and because I have always love Singapore. It's will be of a great privilege if I'm able to get a job in Singapore.

@sarahkamara0001 Well, although I see no sought-after skills in your message (only those would give you a chance for a job), I wish you good luck. But do follow job search advice from this forum!

Okay, I will.. thanks beppi!

Anyone can claim that they are

• highly motivated
  • hard working
  • confident
  • flexible
  • helpful
  • exceptional interpersonal skills
  • like to meet people
  • like to take new adventure

There is no well recognized certificate of highly motivated or confident for individuals.

These are not selling points.

@sarahkamara0001

Hello Sarah,

I think as expats/foreigners who live in Singapore, we have a moral responsibility and we should be courageous enough to tell you the reality on the ground.

In my opinion, for foreigners (westerners, Africans) who want to come in Singapore to settle and work, it's better to:

1) be transferred by your current employer here (international company that has an office in Singapore), or

2) follow your spouse who got a job here or was transferred by his/her company, or

3) look for a job in Singapore from where you're currently living, once you get a job you move here

But planning to come here with no job, alone, with no income, and start to look for something here, I think it's not a good idea.

It's has become very, very , very complicated for foreigners to find jobs here. So yes think carefully.

Best,

Sephora

Hit the rubber on the road, very sound realistic advice indeed...Anyone can say they 'love' Singapore but the reverse may not be true...

Hi Eeverone,

I am Sai from Myanmar and plan to work in Singapore again as second time.