Moving to Nicaragua, opening a business and buy a property

Hi everyone, we are thinking with y husband to my be move to Nicaragua to live and retire. we are 50 years old, my husband works remotely, and I m a therapist and yoga teacher.

So we are thinking about a possibility to come to live, work and retire here.

But question, about the stability of the country? if we buy a land, creating a business? last news from the country make us little bit anxious about moving our life there.

How to get a residency permit? to buy a land? to open a business?

I am French, my partner he's Australian.

Any advices, link to buy properties( we are looking for a small farm close to the ocean or in Ometepe.

Thank you!

Barbara

Hello :)

I am Julie, my partner and I are about to do the same, we are from Belgium 😉

I have been to Nicaragua a few times already, flying back next week to purchase a piece of land. I have always felt very safe in the country, of course also in the touristic areas.

You can purchase a land without having your residency and it will be 100% yours ( Very important I believe) You can also create your own business, even on a touristic visit but it means that you have to cross the border every 3 months (A lawyer will explain to you the different options).

We are not there yet, just starting the process. We will be located in the south Of San Juan Del Sur.

Good luck on your journey

@babahblue

I have lived here in San Juan del Sur for the past two and a half years with my wife. We are both retired. We have our residency and I can help with this and other living suggestions. Let me know how I can help.

Hi -

I've lived in Nicaragua for 12+ years, nice to e-meet!

Regarding buying real estate, you can check out this guide, which will answer most questions and view listings on the webpage as well:

investnicaragua.com/blog/first-time-buyers-guide-to-purchasing-property-in-nicaragua

Regarding residency, there are different categories you can apply for depending on your situation: investor, retiree, etc.  Whether or not you decide to open a business (produce income locally) and the scale of the business will influence the type of residency you would want.  A lawyer can help you best determine that.

Feel free to send me a note if you have any questions or need contacts! Good luck!