Start up restaurants business

Hi Angelo.

I love the island and I'll love to live there but I want to know how much it will cost to start up restaurants business there at least service tourists visiting the country time to time. Also am salesman by profession and with a diploma in shipping and logistics management.

From Nigeria

Mr Victor.

Thanks 🙏

Hi Angelo.
I love the island and I'll love to live there but I want to know how much it will cost to start up restaurants business there at least service tourists visiting the country time to time. Also am salesman by profession and with a diploma in shipping and logistics management.

From Nigeria

Mr Victor.

Thanks 🙏

-@forwardervictor

Hi Victor,

A restaurant serving tourists is an excellent business for Cape Verde. You would have to do so in Sal or Boavista which are the islands where 80-85% of the nearly one million tourists visit annually. There are enough of them who leave the all inclusive hotels to fuel sales of restaurants, bars and night clubs.

I would not advise that you start a restaurant business on the other islands unless it is in Praia where 50% of the local population lives. But it would have to be top flight to attract the professionals with disposable income.

To start a restaurant in Sal, you will need about €50,000-100,000. To do so in Praia, you will need about half of that. The amount you invest will depend on the level of quality of the offering, and size/quality of the space.

Finally, I'd strongly suggest that you first do a market analysis to understand what is already there in terms of establishments and their offerings, along with a good business plan.

Cheers,

Angelo

@CVAngelo

Thanks so much for the insight I'll do a thorough research on that and make my plans accordingly.

Thanks and regards

Hello everyone and welcome to Mr. Victor !

Please note that I have created this new thread on the Cape Verde forum for better interaction as we tend to keep the New Members thread from introductions.

All the best

Bhavna