Lung Scars from History of Cancer - UAE Medical Fitness Test.

Hello. So I have been reading plenty of posts on the forum about lung scars appearing for many people during their medical fitness test in the UAE. even tho they have no current active or history of TB. In my case I have no history of TB but I do have lung scars due to history of chemotherapy and radiation from 12 years ago. My question is, could these scars be mistaken for TB? If so, would it help to get the necessary reports from my oncologists with my full medical history - Chemo and Radiation treatments, as well as doing the Quantiferon Gold TB test before I travel to the UAE?

Can anyone with knowledge please advise on my odds. Thank you.

I have commented on these types of posts hundreds of times.  To reproduce the salient messages:

Get all necessary documentation.   Get it attested from UAE Embassy in home country to prove authenticity (and additional measure of getting it attested from MOFA UAE on arrival).  Quantiferon, do it in the UAE on arrival - no weightage is given to tests done outside.   After the visa medical (you can try during the medical as well but generally they don't entertain these discussions until they have done the tests), when you are called back for a re-test, before doing the re-test, show the attending doctor all of this - sometimes the doctor talks to you before the test and sometimes, after.  Make sure you have copies to hand over to the doctor.  Be humble and relaxed in the discussion i.e. dont be the ugly foreigner nor the nervous junkie.........both don't go down well - this is entirely in the hands of the attending doctor at that stage.

Remember, this is THE ONLY SHOT you have...........before the report is issued.  If you don't do this and UNFIT report comes out, your chances drop to almost zero for getting it overturned.