Definition of un-interruped work for citizenship application

Hello,

I have been living and working in Belgium for 8 years. I have been in my current job for over 4 years and will soon leave and start a new job. I would be interested in applying for citizenship at some point. I understand that to avoid the language requirement you should have 5 years continuous / uninterrupted work. I have heard this is extremely strictly defined, literally your end date on one contract should be the day before the start date of the one (including weekends). I would love to confirm this as I need to set a start date with the new job, ideally I would take a week off in between jobs, but I do not want to jeopardise a possible citizenship application (and I could take the language requirement but would prefer to avoid it).

Thanks for any help!

Jill

Hello,

Could anyone with adequate information answer this.

Thank you.

@jill dervla A week without the contract will be seen by prosecutor as a break of work. I got screwed up exactly like that: i have a week break between contracts so my counter of uninterrupted work got restarted anew exactly on the day of the new contract. City Hall informed me of this (I am in Leuven).

@BuRukh That's terrible, quick one how about paternity leave do you have any idea if taking it will be considered an interruption to work. I saw that once you take the twenty days your employer only pays for three days and the remaining days you get paid by the mutuelle