Obtaining Residency - Process -- US Consulate?

I see attorneys advertising services to help people obtain residency. But I'm on the official government website and see that the process is quite clear and simple.

Must I actually travel to Asunción to apply for residency in country?  Why can't this be done at a consulate or embassy outside of Paraguay -- say in Miami?  I my past experience with other residencies, citizenship and legal issues, they can be done, or at least initiated, at a consulate inside the US.  In fact, México requires you to start the residency process outside the US, and later finish the process in México.

Are attorneys saying to travel to Asunción simply because that's where they're located?   Or does the government and it's processes actually require travel to Paraguay to start and finish the process?

I answered my own question.

I just called the consulate in Miami again and spoke with a deputy consular. Yes, the process must be done in Paraguay.   

I was going to answer just that. The process is quite simple but you must do it here.

@Cande2024

it's so simple that it seems unnecessary to spend thousands on attorneys/facilitators to do the process.  If one can read, understand and speak a bit of Spanish, it seems like a very DIY thing.  Would you agree?

@popebop I totally agree.