Cygnal TV.

Left field here but as follows:

We currently have the 720 plan and an extra box @ 230 so P 950 per month.

We wanted to add 3 more boxes so a total of 5,,,,,, told the max is only 4 boxes and we need to go up to the 1650 plan and then pay for 3 boxes @ 230 each taking the bill to P 2340.

Ben said why can't we just add more boxes on our current plan? No sir you need to upgrade your connection. Ben said to them then we will get you to install another dish with 2 boxes and the total of the 2 systems P 1900. Silence/no answer.

They are also ignorant/won't accept the fact that it's all pre wired and tested so no installation fee, yes sir installation fees.

We have looked at buying boxes online but Ben says they have sims installed and won't simply plug and play.

Any thoughts?

Cheers, Steve.

Yes, Exactly correct,

I have had this 2340 plan for years.

I also wanted/needed 5 boxes but was informed of all that you mentioned above.

We just went with 4 boxes and placed a Smart Wifi only tv in the area where we wanted the 5th box...

Yes seems that way vehicross. Think we will simply install another dish and 2 boxes and will cost another P 950 per month or total of 1,900 instead of the 2340 per month and like you have a smart tv in the spare bedroom that is rarely used and simply offer youtube or netflix to guests.

I'm also investigating a HDMI splitter to connect between the dining room and the office behind off one Cignal box in the dining room and hope the remote works through the concrete wall as I flick between 3/4 news channels. Watch the news every morning in the office for a couple of hours as well as the CCTV connected in there, flick between HDMI ports etc.

We will see what happens. the last conversation Ben had with Cignal they would allow us to have a 3rd box on our existing system but no more. Slowly the wheels turn here.

Cheers, Steve.

Cignal tv have given Ben 5 different answers and prices over the last 2 days, No sir you can't do that and the ones that say yes you can do that and this is the monthly cost, P2130 to 2460 per month, the installation costs vary the same. I simply can't understand why they can't put 5/6 boxes on one dish, for some stupid reason we are now installing a 2nd dish and 2/3 more boxes. Stupid is as stupid does.

Cheers, Steve.

@bigpearl

So....I basically have a smart tv that only made it to grade 7. Meaning a few apps and pain in the arse online. But it does have youtube app which I use constantly for news shorts, sports shorts, and topics I'm interested in, including the best weather guy for SEAsia. It also has Amazon Primetv which we watch a tiny bit since almost everything is extra fee buy/rent movie. So much for everything free with Prime! And it has Netflix. That's our primary entertainment.

What does Cygnal have to offer?

Larry we have Netflix/YouTube etc. on  the internet and Cignal TV gives us 120/130 or more chanels, movies, news from all over the world, cartoon channels for the kids, I may be wrong as from memory it was over 200 channels. I care little as I mostly watch world news and disasters, a movie at night on Cignal or Netflix and sometimes You Tube, lots of choices, enough for us.

Cignal is totally hopeless, the main call centre tells us one thing and the installer/technicians different but hey we simply want 5/6 outlets and we need to pay for them including another dish, go figure.

Cheers, Steve.

@Larry Fisher

Depending on what you enjoy watching, Cignal can be great. Lots of Choices.

But fwiw, like Bigpearl, I mostly tune into news, sometimes the History channel, Boxing etc

Hello everyone,

Please note that several oo-topic posts have been put aside from this thread.

Have a nice day

Bhavna

LOL, so we now have 2 dishes on the roof and 5 boxes and ordered through Cignal main contact not the installer who wanted more pesos per month and difficult to deal with. What I simply can't understand is why you can't plug in 4/5/6 boxes onto one dish, Cignal won't tell us. Nor the installers, simply, that's our system sir.

Yes to Larry all our TV's are modern smart and mostly 12th grade but there are 6 of them and only 5 boxes, easy like you say watch the net or for us one bedroom is rarely used and only needs a box a month per year and we can simply move the one in the dining room to that bedroom and then back.

Any way all sorted and cheaper than the installer wanted compared to the Cignal parent company.

Cheers, Steve.

What I simply can't understand is why you can't plug in 4/5/6 boxes onto one dish, Cignal won't tell us. Nor the installers, simply, that's our system sir.
Yes to Larry all our TV's are modern smart and

Cheers, Steve.

-@bigpearl

One would think you could just hook up as many receivers as you want but that is not how it is designed. There is an LNB (horn) that receives all signals from the satellite bouncing off the dish. The LNB blocks out unwanted noise and down-converts the 8+12GHz satellite signal to some lower frequency that the receiver and ultimately TV can handle. The receiver can handle only one channel request at a time. In the USA they make dual LNB dishes which can handle 2 receivers thus 2 TVs. So they are telling us we can only have one receiver per LNB (which I find curious) and one TV per receiver which separates and decrypts one channel at a time (which makes sense). So, why not multiple receiver connections to 1 LNB? It may have to so with technical issues splitting such high frequency signals into multiple outputs. I am not sure but everywhere the tech is used, we seen one receiver per LNB.

Is what it is Dan and simply revenue. I can have 10 logged into my internet account and no problems, here we are not going to use 5/6 boxes with cignal as there are only 2 of us/ 3 now with the caretaker. Convenience is not difficult. Cignal is.

Forest for the trees etc.

Cheers, Steve.