Buying land and building apartments

Hi Angelo,

I am looking to buy some land in Sal to build holiday apartments. I already registered a company in the UK, do I need to also register in CV to be able to go through with the purchase/rental?

Also do you have any general tips/things to avoid for this topic overall? I have been doing a lot of research, but first hand experience is always great.

Thanks!

Hi Arayahdoes,

Yes, you are required to register a local company in order to obtain all the licenses you will need to become a builder/developer in CV. Your foreign company can own the local company...but according to the laws and the financial regulations, a local company MUST be used for everything.

Only tip I can give you is that you will not be able to avoid using locally licensed subcontractors, architects, engineers, etc, because that is also required by the regulations. Thus, you will want to get connected to the reliable, trustworthy, local professionals who work in the construction industry. Contact me in private and I will provide you with some excellent contacts.

There are a lot of people out there who are pretenders. They will try to dupe you into thinking they know everything when in fact they know nothing. They are simply looking for a pay-day. Avoid these people (obviously) - LOL. But they can be VERY convincing and there is literally no way for you to tell. In other words, don't do business with anyone you randomly meet. Always check with me first and I will confirm if that person is known as an above-board professional or if they are just a scammer. It's a very tiny country and everyone knows everyone.

As a foreigner, you will have a large financial target on your back. So you will be approached by people who appear genuine. Don't fall into that trap.

Angelo

@arayahdoes

Good morning

I am very interested in your message as I am on a similar journey.

It would be great to be updated with your journey along the way because, like yourself, I too am doing lots of research but quite rightly, it's very prudent to have local knwledge .

@CVAngelo

I might need to take you up on that offer too, when the time comes.

Great advice

@CVAngelo
I might need to take you up on that offer too, when the time comes.
Great advice

-@webberleigh

No problem, Leigh. Send me a private message anytime and I will provide you with my personal contact into.

Cheers,

Angelo

@CVAngelo This is great, thanks so much. I'll get back in contact closer to the time!

@CVAngelo

Many thanks

@webberleigh

Indeed. I have joined some of the Facebook forums for Cape Verde as part of my research.

Yes it would be good to compare our research

You can message me.

Many thanks

Also once my project has been completed, I will share on this forum.