Hey you Baguio lovers! Hotel suggestions please.

I haven't been to Baguio since about 1982. But my honey lived there for a year a long time ago and I want to take her there for her Birthday in a couple weeks. I don't want to go crazy overboard on pricing. We'll just fly in from Cebu for a few days and back. But I don't want crappy hotel either. Say, under 7000p per night?

What do y'all suggest? I ain't going off what Agoda suggests. 1f60e.svg

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment in Lower Rock Quarry Barangay close to center city.  The price was 25,000 pesos per month, and they also do one week and weekend deals.  When my wife wakes up I will ask her more details about address and phone numbers.  Baguio population has more than doubled since your wife was last there.

@Larry Fisher

I would recommend the Elizabeth Hotel on Gibraltar Rd. I stayed here in 2006 and is one of the most charming hotels I have ever stayed in. Excellent service. I was booked in for about 5 days and was the only westerner at the hotel. The manager was bakla and a real hoot! There was a conference on when I was there so he arranged for me to have my breakfast in the conservatory annexe. At the weekend I was joined by a charming Filipina couple who lived in Baguio (he was a property developer) and they often treated themselves to  breakfast at the hotel.

A veritable English country hotel atmsosphere with wonderful views from the bedrooms. Ask for one at the front of the property preferably on the third floor. As it was my first visit to Baguio I sourced this hotel on Trip Advisor (link below). It had good reviews then and still does. A little bit out of town but there is a jeepney stop at the end of the lane about 2 minutes walk from the hotel and a 15 minute ride into the city. Price per night for a room including breakfast about $50

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Rev … Luzon.html

@Lotus Eater Hey thanks for that info! That's actually the one I was looking at before posting my query. Sounds good!

We enjoyed our five-night stay at Azalea Hotels & Residences Baguio, just across the street from the north entrance to Teacher's Camp.  While we can recommend it, I'm sure there are plenty of other places just as nice.  It depends on where you want to hang your hat.

By the way, they pronounce it as "az-uh-lay-ya", not the more common western pronunciation for the flower.

@mugteck

Thanks Mug. Got your message but can't reply. Seems I have this verify my email restriction going on! But then when I verify it says it can't send to an invalid or something email. I've only used that email addy for 23 years! lol