Selling and producing food from home

I make food mainly Christmas festive fayre I also make a type of blood sausage, black puddings so I need to know where I stand on the law and regards to paying vat

Have a read of this which is a good start.

https://www.3eco.com/resource-center/bl … w-food-law

A British friend went into this business a while ago - just selling, not even making food; it was a bureaucratic nightmare.  Because it was for sale, there were all sorts of requirements for official cold storage with temperature regulation records etc etc (although he had a number of commercial fridges and freezers at his home, they weren't "sufficient" for the regulations.  He gave it up after a while, although he'd built up a good business by then the H&S, VAT etc requirements were just too onerous.

There are (or were) several people who bring over foodstuffs from the UK; as far as I'm aware they are, or certainly were, "unofficial" and I'm told that their transport/storage facilities don't meet the legal requirements.  Some of them do good business - it's not hard to undercut others when you're flying under the radar - but sooner or later that knock on the door will come.