New members of the Saint Kitts and Nevis forum, introduce yourselves here - 2019

Hi all,

Newbie on the Saint Kitts and Nevis forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Saint Kitts and Nevis if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi!                                                                                           I'm a 31year old Kenyan lady planning to relocate and work in st kitts within the next few months.Currently I am living and working in United Arab Emirates,at the airport as an administration assistant.                                                                    Looking forward to getting advise on working and living in st kitts

Hello, I am new to this forum and thankful to have found it!!
Late last week my husband called me and said he got a job offer as a project manager with the constructors of resorts (Ritz Carlton, and Four Seasons). Since then I have been scouring the internet to learn more about life on the island's of St. Kitts and Nevis to see if a move is even something we would want to do.
We have two children, 11 and 6 . I work as a mental health therapist and have my own practice, I love the work I do, but I am not one to turn down opportunities either. I wonder if their are mental health therapist in ST. Kitts and Nevis and if my education and experience would be appealing enough to the government for me to get a work permit? I also have a lot of questions about schools, how do they compare to US education, safety of the schools?
One of my concerns is how we will do on a small island. Five years ago we left our small and very isolated mountain community for the city life and enjoy all the city has to offer. I know this is something that we would not have access to on St. Kitts or Nevis and wonder if anyone has any input on things to do besides enjoying the outdoors (something we can totally do)? I know I would greatly miss Target and free 2 day shipping from Amazon....
Another thing, I have come across in my research is, the difficulty purchasing a home that you can sell later as a citizenship property. I had read on a different forum that it is not too difficult to purchase a property that makes you eligible for citizenship, but that once a property has been used for that it can not be again. Meaning once my husbands 5 year contract is up and we move back to the states we lose money or can not sell the house. We will definitely need to sell for what we paid for it so we can afford housing once we come back to the states.  Any insight on this process, the forum I had read was a bit old and I wondered if things in this realm have gotten any easier?
Nice to 'meet' you all and thanks in advance for any information.

-Liza

Julien wrote:

Hi all,

Newbie on the Saint Kitts and Nevis forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Saint Kitts and Nevis if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

HI i am 63 years old Indian male planning to relocate and work in St. Kitts.Currently  i am living in India. Worked at Montblanc Boutique as Manager in St. Thomas and as Shift Supervisor at Goodwill in Florida.
Looking forward to getting advise on working and living in St. Kitts.
Regards/ Bharat Vasu

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=880519

Thanks!

Closed