Savannahket details

Any expats living & working in Savannahket for some time? Am living in Bangkok for the moment but considering a move. Have been active here in language education and consulting matters. Try to find out if starting up a small consulting business with clients in China and over here is interesting enough. All info. and advice welcomed. Thanks in advance.

What sort of consultancy are you looking to establish?
There are Chinese companies in Savannakhet. I would suggest you come over and sound out companies here for possible consulting work. Get things established before you make the move. Possibly work from your present location until you have got all your ducks in a row and then move over.
There are language schools on Savannakhet. There is also the special economic zone in Savannakhet.

Thank you for the info. and apology for late reply. I've been doing some consultancy for real estate agencies here in Bangkok but to be honest with not much results, it's rather an oversaturated market locally. Too many players in general. Didn't know that the Chinese are already present in Savannahket  too which could be a possibility to do research, as you mentioned. I have two contacts in China although mainly in the education field. But one never knows of course. They are eager to do something in other countries whether it's in investment or partnership in joint ventures. However I don't assume there is a large real estate (condo's, townhouses) industry available in Savannahket. I might send out a resume to the schools I can find on the Internet and see where it leads to. Would be a good starting point because here in Bangkok jobs for NON-Nes is hard to get and teaching other languages is almost non-existent here. The Thai government is making it also harder to get an appropriate 1 year visa - lots of new regulations, especially for retired nationals. Anyway I'll keep in touch should I need more tips or advice from you as insider in Laos matters. Much obliged.  Gary

Google 'real estate agents savannkhet' and check things out. Better market in Vientiane but Savannakhet is the 2nd biggest city in Laos so may have some potential.