Medics cost in Phils

I have to buy 3 medics for my wife; the cost at mercury or watsons is  3150 ps each month; the same medics bought in France is 485 ps each month.
Do you have solutions to buy these high blood pressure and diabete medications ?

Did you try the small drug stores like Generics?

ŔR Toulouse Phils wrote:

I have to buy 3 medics for my wife; the cost at mercury or watsons is  3150 ps each month; the same medics bought in France is 485 ps each month.
Do you have solutions to buy these high blood pressure and diabete medications ?

Hi RR and welcome to this forum and hope you enjoy/gain knowledge and contribute. Firstly my French lessons were some 45 years ago so English is good.

Perhaps introduce yourself and your ties/living status within the Phills, If you already did then my bad for missing that.
Medications can be cheap/expensive/contrived in PH. google in many cases will be your best friend and forums such as this offer only advice and experiences from the members and little else. Boots on the ground/being there eventually offers up all the answers and frustrations.

Only an observation from myself, perhaps a major diet change is in order, I see this with my in laws and my better half as well with the meds you have mentioned, less Soy/salt based (Filipinos love salt, rice and meat). Vegetables and fruits seem to take second place, while I am not a nutritionist have witnessed the changes with Mum and Dad (in-laws) over the last few years with diet change, less meds, less pain etc. Moving on.

As for the costs of your wife's need in PH., firstly are you with her there? Living together, or are you in France? Long distance?
Sorry for the personal questions but relative to your OP. and experience/s here in PH.

Cheers, Steve. (Etienne)

Best,

How do people with Type 1 deal with food in the Philippines, rice is the staple food but it contains a lot of carbohydrates, so I suspect a lot of insulin will be used, I also wonder what a diabetic eats in general.
Hello Mikechuchie,

I advise you to create a new thread on the Manila forum to increase your chances of getting answers. 1f60a.svg

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team