New members of the Barbados forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

Hi all,

Newbie on the Barbados forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Barbados if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Good day ,                                                                              My name is Olawale Olumide Ogunsemi I am willing and with interest to relocate to Barbarous with my family of 4 one girl one boy myself and my wife. I am presently working in a reputable financial institutions here in Nigeria ,I have ten years experience going to 11 years in Fidelity bank PLC .I am presently an assistance operation head , I would like to know if I will be able to work in a bank when I relocate , or in any corporate institution over their ,what is the wages like, what is the maximum working hours by law of the land, how much will I need to bring along when coming that will aid my settlement, and lastly....                 
How and what are the steps to start this relocation program.

Thank you in anticipation for your kind response

Hello Am Noble
Am New here I would love to relocate to Barbados

Hello-considering retiring in Barbados. Interested in input on which cities/areas people prefer and why. I don't want something too quiet but don't need super active nightlife, either. TIA.

Him I'm Joe,
after reading the announcement that they may allow remote workers to stay for 12 months we are seriously considering it as an option.
We are currently in South Florida and thinking it may be time to take a little break!

Hello. I'm currently living in Oman but Barbados looks so lovely that I'm considering a move.

We are a family of 8 and my wife and I are both remote workers for the time being...we are considering moving to Barbados for a year and we have a near endless list of questions. We have done the research and proved that on paper it is feasible, and we have started getting passports for the kids...
If anyone is there, especially if you have kids there, we would love to pic your brain about a few things. Thanks!

Hi all!

Coming to Barbados on the 31st of October to skip the winter (at least). Really interested to improve my surfing and pick up on kite surfing, windsurfing and freediving.

I am pretty steady when it comes to playing football, basketball and tennis. Really eager to continue those sports as well when not in the water.

Drop me a message if you want to connect and potentially plan some action on the island.

Can't wait to experience some local food there as well.

Cheers,

J

Hi all!

Coming to Barbados on the 22nd.  Looking to meet new people to spend time with, play board games, activities, scuba, running, video games etc.

Looking forward to meeting all of you!

Hello, My name is Ray.  I will be moving to Barbados on Jan 18th leveraging the 12 month Welcome Visa.  I am coming from Delray Beach Fl.

Hello

I have been here on the Welcome Stamp since oct 08.
How are you making out getting things arranged?

Colleen

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=915919

Thanks!

Closed