Medical advice

Any recommendations for good medical centers, doctors and hospitals in Kampala

We went to Hosp near galagalga , wrong spelling , but you'll  find it . Very good . Everyone's qualified and professional unlike the UK where we come from. Our daughter got sick from the water I think . They diagnosed exactly  what it was with in a few hours . She was given a bed and healed with care and the right medication with in two days .
Uk would have been two weeks to be seen by a long line of clueless trainee HCA's fumbling about with drugs and machines they know nothing about .
Safe in UG . Zero Corona too.
Just don't go to any big new shiny hospitals in UG They can be the same as uk - spent all there money on image and nothing on any doctors nurses and surgeons . Back street ones can be dangerous too , they will diagnose everything as malaria to get your money.
Sorry I couldn't give you the name of Hosp I've mentioned, you should find it easily . If you ever have the misfortune of being admitted make sure you order their excellent home cooked ugandan hospital food , will cure all ills on its own

Zero Corona in Uganda?!

Read my blog Now is the time to take precautions! Says US Embassy, August 2020

This links to other resources about COVID in UG

Expats generally use:

The Surgery
IHK Hospital and IMC clinics
They are better at some services than others and all have critics...!

Recommended to me this week by a very knowledgeable long-term expat. All in Kampala:

Alexandra Medical Centre, Yusuf Lule Rd
TMT hospital, Naalya
Village Clinic, Village Mall, Bugolobi

Good advice from the US Embassy . Make sure you keep away from that processed stuff in those  supermarkets too Americans .  Got to keep your weight right down to fight from Corona . Stay safe , only eat local , plenty of matoke . !!!!!