Romania passport renewal.

Hello All,

Would appreciate your assistance if this topic hasn't been discussed earlier here as I tried to check but not available.

Please, my son's Romania passport has expired as he's 10 years old and trying to get it renewed in the UK where we reside.
How do I get it renewed and the process please?
Do I have to call to book an appointment or fill out a form or drive to the embassy in UK for it?

Thank you.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I can't find an answer to your question.  The answers I did find are all contradictory and the Romanian website is useless and looks like it was designed by a 7 year old.

The contact information I've found may help you contact the Embassy:

CHANCERY
Address: Arundel House, 4 Palace Green, Londra, W8 4QD

Fax: +44 20 7937 8069

E-mail: londra@mae.ro

Consular & Visa Section

Phone: +44 20 7602 9833
Fax: +44 20 7602 4229

Emergency line for accidents, deaths and other special cases: +44 7738716335

Email:

londra.sesizari@mae.ro - hate crime incidents

contact@informatiiconsulare.ro - consular information for Romanian citizens

Hello Cynic,

Thank you so very much for the information.

I think with those details I should be able to get to somewhere.

May God bless you!!!

Hello,

Thank you for the info as I have been given a date for the passport renewal appointment.

And for those who would want to renew their Romania Passport and reside in England or preferably in the United Kingdom in future should use the Romania Website below to book for an appointment and fill the forms which you will see on the Website-

econsulat.ro

Regards.

Hi there! I was about to write some laboriously languid message about how nice I've found the Romanian staff to be in London, but then realised I'm not exactly what part of the UK you're in. SO, I 'think' it's best that I offer you the primary link to the consulate office.

If it helps, yes, you can get a renewal passport for your child if they are currently living in the UK. It's a relatively straight forward process, provided your spouse is with you, or you have the documentation that shows you have full responsibility for your child.

I'm a tottering old priest who has worked in Transylvania since the fall of Nicolae Ceaușescu. I work with victims of child-trafficking and have a home in Bihor County (Oradea), and a home in Chişinău, in The Republic of Moldova.  I often require the assistance of the staff at the Romanian Embassy to assist me with a number of our children, or in assisting me in repatriating young people back to Romania from the UK. The staff have always been kind towards me and gone out of the way to assist me.

I cannot speak for the other consular offices. But I suspect they are the same.

Please visit:  https://londra.mae.ro/en/node/818

And may all your journeys be ones of Discovery!

Father Bill Haymaker+
ProjectNewLife.org

PNLBudesti.Blogspot.com
PNLExploitedChildren.Blogspot.com
BigWorldSmallBoat.Blogspot.com
DogDogma.Blogspot.com
PNLMoldovaPrisons.Blogspot.com

Thank you so much Father Bill.

I've gotten all the necessary information and will be going with my wife and child for the appointment, as we all reside in the UK.

Regards.

Hi. I'm Filipino residing in the UK with my daughter who is half Romanian. Unfortunately, her dad is no longer in the picture. She has a Romanian passport which has long been expired. I'm wondering if I can have it renewed on my own? We both also have resident permits in the UK.

Regards,

Catherine

Hi. I'm Filipino residing in the UK with my daughter who is half Romanian. Unfortunately, her dad is no longer in the picture. She has a Romanian passport which has long been expired. I'm wondering if I can have it renewed on my own? We both also have resident permits in the UK.
Regards,

Catherine

-@cdeleon117

Yes, she can renew her passport.  She doesn't lose citizenship because her father "is no longer in the picture"

Romaniac

@cdeleon117. Contact this email address he is going to help you out.
[link under review]

-@bobwillams5301

Contact information is not permitted on the forums.  Please read the Forum Code of Conduct!