Cat Hotel or animal care

We have to travel to Europe and would need to leave our cats in Cairo for 2 Weeks, does anyone have a recommendation for a cat or pets hotel?

Good morning BN21,

Hmmm...

I've lived in Cairo for almost four years now and was tempted to adopt one of the many street cats that even made it to the 15th floor of our building where my flat is. But I decided against it - I'm a cat person, but I didn't want to take on the responsibility. Besides, I travel a lot, so I couldn't keep a cat here by myself (in my home country Austria I used to have up to three cats at once).

But for a fortnight - why not? Of course only if that would be an option for you and only if we could meet beforehand to see if we all think it could work out ...

Yours sincerely,
Fred

There are two decent cat hotels. One is https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q= … at%20hotel   which is owned by a British lady and is situated in Maadi and the other is https://www.facebook.com/PETINNcatboarding which is recommended by my Scottish friend and is in Giza. Pet Inn also has a delivery and drop-off service as well as being able to give medication as my friend's cat was diabetic.

Thanks for the info, I found one in Mokattam, very nice and clean. The cats are kept in a very familiar environment with special care and play time. This place does shelter lost street cats with a lot of love and gives them a beautiful home. Additionally they provide care for cats if the owners need to travel.

Very interesting - I have not heard of this one and yet I actually live in Mokattam!

@BN21 i dont know if you got my first message so now again, im looking for a nice place for my little cat over christmas new year. so maybe you could provide me with the name and number to contact the cat place in Mokkatam .

thanks a lot

Claudia

Hello Claudia,

Welcome to expat.com!

It's been months since BN21 was last active. I doubt you will receive any response.

Nonetheless, I hope other members can guide you.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Closed