Off Topic Posts - Whats on your mind?

This thread is for everything Off-topic..........

https://www.askideas.com/media/13/Burning-Whats-Up-Gif-Picture.gif

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=266038

I started the same topic back in 2013. Called it "The No Topic Thread"

Rick

If women do the same job for less money, why do companies hire men to do the same job for more money?

Why do psychics have to ask you for your name?
Why is a 65+ expat man surprised and upset when it turns out that his 20+ Vietnamese girlfriend "loves" him for his bank account & ATM card?
Why is a 65+ expat man surprised and upset when it turns out that his 20+ Vietnamese girlfriend "loves" him for his bank account & ATM card?
- @OceanBeach92107

ahhhh he likes older women then
- @colinoscapee

Why haven't psychics won all the lotteries ever?
- @OceanBeach92107

ahhhh he likes older women then
- @goodolboy

I'm 69 and my 42 year-old fiancée is still incredibly beautiful, but also mature. Works for me.
- @colinoscapee

- @Lennerd

If financial advisors are so smart, why are they still working?
- @colinoscapee

- @Lennerd

If financial advisors are so smart, why are they still working?
- @colinoscapee

I have made that point to them at meetings many times & that is guaranteed to get a blank look, shifting nervously in their seat but in general they are thick skinned twats & they move on to another sucker. In my personal experience the only person to make money on an investment from a Financial Advisor using your money is the financial investor!!
If something is too good to be true, it generally is!!
- @goodolboy

Are you saying those emails from Thomas Wheelbarrow the 3rd in Nigeria offering me 10 million dollars are too good to be true.
- @goodolboy

Are you saying those emails from Thomas Wheelbarrow the 3rd in Nigeria offering me 10 million dollars are too good to be true.
- @colinoscapee

Well could be & remember a fool & his money are easily parted!!! but  hey  never look a gift horse in the mouth!
Why does Sour cream have a use by date?

Whistler
Why do they advertise "totally Non-Stick" cookware as being dishwasher safe?
Why do we drive on a parkway, and park in a driveway?

And while on this topic (adhering to the thread's title), why when you say "Beer can"
in a heavy British dialect, does it sound like "Bacon" in a Jamaican dialect? Try it!
A great deal of chatter lately regarding "gender fluidity", and "gender identity".

Well, at one time I was a male, trapped in a female body. Then my mother birthed me.
If birds are highly intelligent then vultures must rank at the bottom.
- @goodolboy

- @colinoscapee

Well could be & remember a fool & his money are easily parted!!! but  hey  never look a gift horse in the mouth!
- @goodolboy

Gentlemen, please refrain from posting cogent, logical replies
and try to stay Off Topic.

When using the reply or the quote feature, a non-sequitur post is acceptable.

Your cooperation in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Mgmt.
When ordering breakfast at hotel you can get one egg and toast for $2.50. If you buy two eggs and toast it will cost $3.50.

What the hell is wrong with the second egg!
@goodolboy

financial advisors…..why do they still work.

It's simply what they do , enjoy it & like making money.
Elon Musk….worlds richest man ,,,lives in a portable “ tiny” house & works 15 hour days.
Warren Buffet….it's been said he flys economy & lives a very modest life in an average suburban home.

It's just who they are & what they like to do.   I've also read that they are incredibly thrifty 😆 with their personal spending , but give shitloads of money  to charities.   

Horses for courses huh…

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=266038

I started the same topic back in 2013. Called it "The No Topic Thread"

Rick
- @Budman1
It's amazing, nostalgic and a bit sad to see how many regulars who were posting back then are no longer active in the forum.

I barely got to cross paths with Howie (Wild1) and he disappeared.
Loot I brought back from the states this week. More I forgot to photo: shirts & shoes from outlet, watches, gifts, family photos. Also new luggage. Needed to stock up after lockdowns.

I started to read Travis McGee books (1960s action pulp for men) online but I hate reading on a screen, I need paper. Found these sold by lot on ebay. Plus 3 books donated to the library for $0.50 ea.

It is not true that you can get anything in Vietnam. Some expats say that. Nope,

X9QHJV.jpg

X9LyUQ.jpg
Anybody else in S. VN noticing that the "dry karaoke season" has extended well into the "wet karaoke season" this year?

Only sporadic, short rain showers here in Phu Quoc, so far.
i used o be confused, now im not so sure.
It is not true that you can get anything in Vietnam. Some expats say that. Nope,
- @gobot
You certainly can't find it all in one place with unexpired "use by" dates.

Nice haul!

@OceanBeach92107 Size 13 American men's shoes would be an item not to be found in Vietnam. Just sayin'

@OceanBeach92107 Size 13 American men's shoes would be an item not to be found in Vietnam. Just sayin'

- @Lennerd

My size 14 feet agree 👣

- @goodolboy

or you misunderstand their intentions.

A woman asked me if I wanted a cheap suck. YES! replied I - then I realised she was selling mints.
- @goodolboy

or you misunderstand their intentions.

A woman asked me if I wanted a cheap suck. YES! replied I - then I realised she was selling mints.
- @Fred
One guy advertised that he was looking for someone who liked to suck but not swallow.

It turned out he needed a partner to help him steal gas...

- @Lennerd

My size 14 feet agree 👣

- @OceanBeach92107

Well then, you know what they say about guys with big feet!

They don't fall down too often :)
We've all been witness to various forms of what's currently referred to as "cultural appropriation".

Benign examples would include simple things like non-Asians using chopsticks, or non-Europeans sporting blonde hair, etc.

Then there are examples of historical cultural appropriations which affect us to this very day.
Though expats in Asia are quite used to seeing this, it has a very noticeable effect on many tourists. Sometimes even comical, dare I say it ;)  ( tinyurl.com/cmpmd8ra )

Well, chalk up another sort-of cultural (religious) appropriation.

That last supper must have been all protein.   ( tinyurl.com/cf4sme6w )
and
also here   ( tinyurl.com/5cw6yuk4 ).

This, brought to you by a Christian sculpture park in Yeongcheon, North Gyeongsang Province, Korea.

:)

That last supper must have been all protein.   ( tinyurl.com/cf4sme6w )

- @Aidan in HCMC

XVbO4S.jpg

Samson Christ with an 18 pack
I was thinking about the subject of negotiations and remembered this:

(Not an original story, but supposedly true...)

American author Gore Vidal was at one of those New York social events where people who want to be important gather for cocktails and schmoozing with people who detest them.

After one social climber had worn out her welcome attempting to impress Vidal, he reportedly said:

"Madame, for one million dollars and a bottle of the finest champagne, would you have sex with me?"

The woman was delightfully flabbergasted and giddily replied, "Why of course, yes!"

Vidal then asked, "Would you do it for five dollars?

The woman immediately became indignant, crying out, "What sort of woman do you think I am?"

Vidal replied:

"We've already determined the answer to that question, madame.

"Now we are simply negotiating your price..."
Found this old cartoon panel from decades past, and thought it apropo.

FUMHVD-aUAA4jpb?format=jpg&name=medium

;)

What is the Biggest Fake, posing as Fact: its something code name : TOXIC MASCULINITY!!

Adding to that, it is spreading globally and innocently!@ especially to teenagers !!

TIme for it to be Pulverised  !!#
@Swee Loke

Agreed! What's worse is that if you ask a "progressive" what "toxic masculinity" is, they can't give you an answer.
Played a (not so mean) joke on S.W.M.B.O tonight. I asked her if she wanted to see a family picture with me in it, taken waaaayyyy back in 1964. She was excited to see it!

Well I can honestly say that she was left, incredibly for her, speechless. :)

I only let the joke go on for about a minute before i 'fessed (festered?) up.

477ya2y5lvs51.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a
Alzheimer's test to be taken regularly by all above 40. If you are over 40 years, you SHOULD take this Alzheimer Test:-

How fast can you guess these words correctly and fill-in the blanks???

1. _ _ NDOM
2. F _ _ K
3. P _ N _ S
4. PU _ S _
5. S _ X
6. BOO _ S

Answers:
1. RANDOM
2. FORK
3. PANTS
4. PULSE
5. SIX
6. BOOKS

You got all 6 wrongs... didn't you?
You do not have Alzheimer's
You are still naughty like you were at twenty!!!
hmmmm.

François Bonivard (1493–1570)

"When the bubonic plague struck Geneva in 1530, everything was ready. They even opened a whole hospital for the plague victims. With doctors, paramedics and nurses. The traders contributed, the magistrate gave grants every month. The patients always gave money, and if one of them died alone, all the goods went to the hospital.

But then a disaster happened: the plague was dying out, while the subsidies depended on the number of patients. There was no question of right and wrong for the Geneva hospital staff in 1530. If the plague produces money, then the plague is good. And then the doctors got organized.

At first, they just poisoned patients to raise the mortality statistics, but they quickly realized that the statistics didn't have to be just about mortality, but about mortality from plague. So they began to cut the boils from the bodies of the dead, dry them, grind them in a mortar and give them to other patients as medicine. Then they started dusting clothes, handkerchiefs and garters. But somehow the plague continued to abate. Apparently, the dried buboes didn't work well. Doctors went into town and spread bubonic powder on door handles at night, selecting those homes where they could then profit. As an eyewitness wrote of these events, "this remained hidden for some time, but the devil is more concerned with increasing the number of sins than with hiding them."

In short, one of the doctors became so impudent and lazy that he decided not to wander the city at night, but simply threw a bundle of dust into the crowd during the day. The stench rose to the sky and one of the girls, who by a lucky chance had recently come out of that hospital, discovered what that smell was.

The doctors were tied up and placed in the good hands of competent “craftsmen.” They tried to get as much information from them as possible. However, the execution lasted several days. The ingenious hippocrats were tied to poles on wagons and carried around the city. At each intersection the executioners used red-hot tongs to tear off pieces of meat. They were then taken to the public square, beheaded and quartered, and the pieces were taken to all the districts of Geneva.

The only exception was the hospital director's son, who did not take part in the trial but blurted out that he knew how to make potions and how to prepare the powder without fear of contamination. He was simply beheaded "to prevent the spread of evil".

Excerpt from "Chronicles of Geneva", pages 395 - 402