Best Drinking Water?

Maybe just for the NCR crowd:  I had delivery that was delivering water that was under the Coke-owned  company banner and at least pretended to meet various standards and discovered that they have switched for a brand I NOT know and cheaper so about to fire them.  And now can't find it old co?

Anybody have an opinion?  fam of 5 and we go through a lot of water and def want to pay for peace of mind, Wilkins come up and I remember them from Hong Kong....

We also keep a substantial inventory of bottled water as advised in case of disaster, etc....got a lot of deposit money to get back....
Maybe just for the NCR crowd:  I had delivery that was delivering water that was under the Coke-owned  company banner and at least pretended to meet various standards and discovered that they have switched for a brand I NOT know and cheaper so about to fire them.  And now can't find it old co?

Anybody have an opinion?  fam of 5 and we go through a lot of water and def want to pay for peace of mind, Wilkins come up and I remember them from Hong Kong....

We also keep a substantial inventory of bottled water as advised in case of disaster, etc....got a lot of deposit money to get back....
- @PhilRes
Wilkins water is a product of Coca Cola. I see it for sale at S&R in very large bottles, it would be rather expensive to buy it bottled. We use a local purification water company, five gallon containers with faucets. We have a large family too, so we go through a lot of water.

We have nine containers, the delivered price is 3 containers for P100, the poor delivery guy has to lug it up to three flights of stairs, but he gets a tip. We do fill 2L bottles with the water and refrigerator it.

Myself I don't drink much water, just a gulp to take my medications. I do use tap water for my electric perk coffee maker, otherwise I drink juices, mainly Welch's Concord Grape and V-8 Vegetable. Which I bought today at Lander's.

I use the delivered water to make Tang, 4C Ice Tea, Country Time Lemonade and Kool Aide Tropical Punch in 2L bottles.
We've been using Nature's Spring distilled water in the 10 liter jugs. I believe it costs about P90 a jug at the local stores here in the province. Wilkins is the same price but only 7 liters. There should not be any difference in distilled water if it is truly distilled water.

The in laws, nieces and nephews get their 5 gallon jugs refilled at a nearby water store for P25 a jug but it is well water. My father in law sells the empty Nature's Spring jugs for P10 each to tuba merchants.

RgmSJM.jpg
All of it is distilled water, mean water from faucet whit some kinds of purification, Wilkins as I remember was ban in my country (France) for use the term of mineral water on their bottles, as in Philippines if you want drink real mineral water, it have the brand la mineral, which is imported water from Indonesia, the design of the bottle is almost identical as the brand evian.
All of it is distilled water, mean water from faucet whit some kinds of purification, Wilkins as I remember was ban in my country (France) for use the term of mineral water on their bottles, as in Philippines if you want drink real mineral water, it have the brand la mineral, which is imported water from Indonesia, the design of the bottle is almost identical as the brand evian.
- @Sebastien Filliat
Most beverages are made from tap water and becomes bottled water, or water with minerals added, sports drinks, beer, sparkling water, tonic water, flavored water and commercial ice cubes are the most common uses of tap water. Also concentrations where you just add water.

You can buy Perrier, Fiji or some expensive designer water, it will impress your visitors and make a nice refreshing drink.

There are many ways to purify water, when I'm thirsty I really don't care about the process, my washing machine is not choosy about it's source of water either.

@Enzyte Bob I wish my stomach and backside were less choosy about the water like your washing machine.

@Enzyte Bob I wish my stomach and backside were less choosy about the water like your washing machine.

- @Cherryann01
I had the same problem. . . .Problem solved within one week of moving to the Philippines. . . . Municipal water: Not for human consumption, used for dish washing, washing machine, watering plants, toilet flushing & household cleaning.

@PhilRes Absolute is another good distilled water. SM Markets sell 10 litre bottles.https://timotraveling.blogspot.com/2013/05/safe-drinking-water-philippines.html

All of it is distilled water, mean water from faucet whit some kinds of purification,

If it is truly distilled water it would be water that is heated to boiling and then the collected steam would be condensed back into liquid. It would be the safest water to drink but would not have any minerals, just pure H2O. The safest water may not be the healthiest since it lacks important minerals but that is sometimes debated.
Hey,

Thanks for all the comments.  So I looked up Wilkens and that what I wanted.  Is distilled to International Standards & I trust that they not lag on any safety and willing to pay a premium for that.

I called delivery number got from inet search, very efficient:  250 deposit per 5 gallon bottle & 170 pesos ea & on refill. they delivering 5 bottles to start.

So I am switching to them now.  I think other approaches mentioned are also good ones, I just going the extra expat anxiety as have young kids. Just that risk of somebody not replacing a filter as early as it might, etc., etc., I lived in China and am hyper-sensitive to risk.

On minerals, I know from long history that its important to be certain getting minerals might otherwise get from water, or for those of us Americans, fluoride as not drinking the fluorinated water of old.  (not to spark a different conversation)

We do have a japanese brand filter at the tap that we use for washing veggies and I use for my coffee, but even I not great at replacing that as often as I should!
Le Minerale gets my vote.
for me, i find it to be the most refreshing, cleanest Mineral water I have ever had.

typically available at 7/Eleven, you can find it ranging from 600 ML to 4 Litres.

@Moon Dog I read it does not leach minerals out of one's body. I have had kidney stones before, but not since drinking distilled water, the sediment in the bottom of the distiller builds up in one's kidneys if not distilled.

@Moon Dog I read it does not leach minerals out of one's body. I have had kidney stones before, but not since drinking distilled water, the sediment in the bottom of the distiller builds up in one's kidneys if not distilled.

- @Timo62
Isnt it cleanings from foods and other drinking than water, which make the main part of what can become kidney stones?   (If not "flush it out" by drinking enough so pee enough.)

I dont have statistics but by illnesses Filipinos tell me it seem there is a higher percentage of kidney stones among Filipinos than in my home country, I suppouse by most Filipinos drink to litle* which is extra bad in hot climate by a biger part get out as swet instead of pee. 

*Most of them I ask say 1 litre or less per day - if they have a clue  :)

In Sweden 1.5 litre water per day is recomended, I dont know how much more to recomend in hot country.

NOTE. Beer is NOT counted when counting added fluid amount, because it push out more fluid than it add to the body.

LOCK UP! When sweting/peeing much even if add much by drinking water, it can become faint risk and even dangerous by the electrolyte percentage in the blood can become to low. Easy solved though e g by drinking some coconut water.  Better drink spread in time because drinking much at same time add risk to get this problem.
At an emergency close to faint I cured a poor Filipino where they had access to almost nothing, but a tiny bit salt in water to drink made he recovered rather fast.
I think the safest drinking water are those from well-known brands like Wilkins, Nature's Spring, etc. But for me, the best drinking water is one that is safe enough for us and also suits our budget.

Drinking water from refilling stations is fine with us. We trust the supplier. I have 8 5-gallon containers and refill 5 containers at a time. The cost is PhP30 per 5-gallon refill, which is delivered to our house. We consume around 5 gallons every 2 days (PhP15 pesos per day).  So, in a month, we spend around PhP450 for drinking water. If we refill from Wilkins, it would cost us PhP2,550 per month at PhP170 per bottle. That's a difference of PhP2,100 which, over the course of a year, could pay for our electric bill for 3 months.
I think the safest drinking water are those from well-known brands like Wilkins, Nature's Spring, etc. But for me, the best drinking water is one that is safe enough for us and also suits our budget.

Drinking water from refilling stations is fine with us. We trust the supplier. I have 8 5-gallon containers and refill 5 containers at a time. The cost is PhP30 per 5-gallon refill, which is delivered to our house. We consume around 5 gallons every 2 days (PhP15 pesos per day).  So, in a month, we spend around PhP450 for drinking water. If we refill from Wilkins, it would cost us PhP2,700 per month at PhP170 per bottle. That's a difference of PhP2,100 which, over the course of a year, could pay for our electric bill for 3 months.
- @FilAmericanMom
I'm in agreement with you and we have six adults so we go through a lot of drinking water. The cost of Wilkens & other bottled water would be prohibitive.
I drink Nature's Spring distilled water at P90 per 10 liter jug and a jug usually lasts us one day. We use it for drinking water, coffee, ice, cooking and the babies formula. There is a store across the road that refills the 5 gallon jugs for P25 but the water is from a deep well and I don't think it is treated. My wife drank it on a visit in 2018 and had some stomach issues she blamed on the water.

I have a deep well and the water is definitely not fit to drink. I filled my pool with it the first time and it turned brown when I shocked it and the PH was off the scale on the low side according to my test kit. The water has a lot of iron and is acidic which probably indicates contamination. I pumped out the pool and filled it with municipal water and no problems. I piped up my house so all I have to do is valve off the deep well pressure tank and the municipal water is automatic so that's what I've been using lately. The pressure is a little low in the morning but it saves electricity so we deal with it. The municipal water is from a waterfall up on the mountain and does get a little murky when it rains.
Often a post gets me digging in outside information outside the forum . . . . . Bottled Water.

Speaking from the perspective of bottled water sold by the case or individual bottles or in a convenient store (USA).  90% of the cost of individual bottles of water is the cost of plastic, bottling and delivery.

Advantages:
(1) Bottled water is a superior form of hydration.
(2) Bottled water is guaranteed to be of a specific quality with the standards set by  the EPA.
(3) Bottled water is portable so is convenient for many activities.
(4) Bottled water contains zero calories.
(5) Bottled water gives you options: Mineral, Spring or Distilled.

Disadvantages:
(1)The cost of a case, bottle or large bottles of water is much higher.
(2) 17 to 24 millions barrels of oil is used producing the plastic bottles.
(3) Disposing of the plastic bottle waste properly in third world countries needs improvement.