Acca affiliate

I am an ACCA affiliate with very little experience  and willing to persue an msc in accounting and finance in Ireland but I am very confused whether it's a fruitful decision for me or not? Can a Non EU person gets a proper job in Ireland on the basis of Acca affiliation who has a very little experience?

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

If you're a Chartered Accountant, then you will almost certainly find work all over the world, if you're a Chartered Certified Accountant, then they are worth whatever a potential employer values them as, they are not qualifications; basically, a Chartered Accountant has a degree Msc in Accountancy, their ACCA colleagues do not, although many are working towards that goal.  Your CV as an ACCA accountant would be more based on your experiences than your qualifications, to be frank, you don't appear to have any.

As to whether it would get you a proper job, Acca has a website where they are advertising jobs in Ireland; this link will take you straight to it.  Contact them and see what they say.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team

Cynic, I think I know better than you regarding this. I know the differences between a chartered accountant and certified chartered accountant.

If your professional body is a member of IFAC then tbh it's a chartered accountant my professional body ACCA has a high recognisation in UK, Ireland and Dubai, middle east, other countries in Europe, newzealand, australia as well. In UK, Dubai and Ireland and Australia we do have a signing authority in the Audit Report despite of all those facts you are differentiating ACCA and chartered accountant lol. You even don't have any idea what is chartered accountant and what's their actual roles and responsibilities and their rights as well. You don't know a chartered accountant and we do have the same roles and responsibilities along with we do have the same rights. Our body and chartered accountant such as (iceaw, icai) they have to maintain the same protocols as well.

Acca people do not hold a degree which is again wrong here. I have done my graduation from Oxford Brookes uni (via acca route) and also done my masters from university of London (via acca route)

However, when you want to give advise just clear your facts about it. Otherwise you can keep silent.

However, finally you have not answered my query. You have bluffed here and there but you have not solved my query. The link or the website which you gave it's either for high position or for EU people not for us. Another thing I was willing to come for masters and there are a lot of graduate roles/positions available which do not require experiences as well. the employer doesn't seek experiences for those jobs which can be obtainable on the basis of skills only, which skills can be obtainable by many ways. Finally the international experiences which you mentioned here, the employers doesn't actually count at Ireland. They do count international experiences if you worked at big four, big MNCs such as: GSK, BAT, Unilever, and so on or those companies which has a ties in UK,Ireland or with other EU.

Thank you

Cynic, I think I know better than you regarding this. I know the differences between a chartered accountant and certified chartered accountant.

-@fai619

Sorry but how rude. It was YOU that came here asking for advice, not Cynic!!

Thank you
-@fai619

Hi again.

I'm sorry that you disagree with me. I've just re-read what I posted and your response and I have nothing further to add nor would I change a single word I wrote.

You have already answered your own question where you concede you are confused about the decision.  A direct and blunt answer to your original question is no, you have virtually no chance of getting a job in Ireland or anywhere else in the EU based on an Acca affiliation and very little experience.  (I was trying to be subtle in pointing you to your own website where the answer is very obvious); there are no jobs being advertised for a person with your qualifications/experience.  The simple reason is you are not an EU citizen and EU law requires member states to consider all other EU citizens before they employ people from outside the member countries.  There are dispensations for Skilled migrants in many countries, but from what you've told us, you would not qualify as such.

If you feel I have misled you or misrepresented what you told us and have posted things that are untrue, then please feel free to report the post (little flag at the top right-hand corner of the offending item), in fact, to save you thinking about that, I've just done it myself, but please feel free to contribute to the Forum authorities.

As you claim to know better than us, then good luck in finding that proper job.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team