Marriage in Tunisia

Good afternoon everyone.

Does anyone know the cost to marry in tunisa?

I know some people marry at home because it's cheaper, how much money do you give to the man that marries you?I believe some people marry in a place called the Palace.?

Any information on this subject, will be appreciated. 🤔

The Palace?! Where is The Palace?!

You have several options when getting married in Tunisia, & no getting married in a family home is not necessarily cheaper as you have to pay the Notary to come to the house.

You can either marry at a Lawyer/Notary office, the local Baladiya or family home. The cost will vary depending on what you want & your Fiance should be able to find this all out quite easily. I hope you are not footing the bill of your wedding in its entirety. Its not an expensive process & its just the Wedding party that is very costly.

Hi

I got married in march, in the Palace of sousse. It cost £145 .

Congratulations! I hope everything goes well with you and your husband. Thanks for your last post. That's very cheap. What else did you do for your wedding and roughly the overall cost? I had never heard of the Palace  😀 ❤️

@Crazeebabey Thank-you.

We had a simple wedding. But perfect, I wouldn't have changed a thing.We got married at 7 pm . The ceremony lasted about 45 minutes. We then had a photographer, which lasted about 1 hour. Then we all went to my husbands family home, All is family was there. All the women were in the kitchen, cooking so much food. Delicious. They treated me like a queen 👸. Later we let off fireworks from the roof of the home. It was £145 to get married. £50 for documents from British embassy. £20 for translation of my documents. £100 for blood tests. £40 for photographer. All the food, cakes, car.his family paid for. And then it was price of our clothes , rings,and flowers .Everything went smoothly and perfect. I don't know your story, but if you are thinking of marrying in tunisa. All I can say...is do it. Good luck and best wishes to you ❤️

Wow Congratulations! That sounds amazing and definitely my kind of thing too. I can imagine you were treated like a Queen because they are really nice and it would be a huge event for them too 😊 what a lovely story and I wish you all the happiness and love 💗

I have been in a relationship for 10 months now. It's been amazing. I have been over 8 times since and marriage has been mentioned a few times but I don't want to rush things as I'd rather get to know him more… I'm sure it won't be too long but we'll know when it's right. I can happily say he's a decent man and I think I'm very lucky! Similar age too (both in our mid 40's)

Thanks again for the info, i will definitely consider something similar if and when the time comes xxx

@Crazeebabey join one of the many Tunisian wives/girlfriends groups on FB - there are loads & they can give you all sorts of advice on venues, dress hire etc. The blood test thing, Ive never known anyone to actually do that & if they did they certainly didnt pay £100 (thats 360tdn). Most Dr's will sign it off for about £20.

Thanks, yes i recently joined a few Facebook groups. They are very helpful! 😀

Hi
I got married in march, in the Palace of sousse. It cost £145 .
-@lainahudson

are you in Tunisia?  I heard that some laws were changed and now foreigners can't marry there?

Ive never heard of anything to stop foreigners marrying in Tunisia, or any potential change to legislation. This is the current info on the US Embassy in Tunisia website:In Tunisia, marriage may occur between:Tunisian men and foreign women without any requirements.Foreign men and foreign women provided each party obtains from their respective embassies the documents required by the Tunisian authorities prior to marriage.Foreign non-Muslim men and Tunisian Muslim women without any requirements.https://tn.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/child-family-matters/marriage-in-tunisia/

@sartara Ive never heard of anything to stop foreigners marrying in Tunisia, or any potential change to legislation.This is the current info on the US Embassy in Tunisia website:In Tunisia, marriage may occur between:Tunisian men and foreign women without any requirements.Foreign men and foreign women provided each party obtains from their respective embassies the documents required by the Tunisian authorities prior to marriage.Foreign non-Muslim men and Tunisian Muslim women without any requirements.https://tn.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/child-family-matters/marriage-in-tunisia/

@sartara Yes, you are right. We are a Hungarian - Algerian couple. After 8 years we wanted to marry in Tunisia last summer (2022). We got a list from our embassies what documents we need. I translated everything officially, got the Apostile stamps from the Foreign Ministery. Tunisia asked for a 'marital capacity certificate' from our embassies in Tunis but the Algerian embassy refused to give us without any reason.

The new information is that foreigners need residence card to marry there. But it is not a written law.

In the last one year, the Algerian embassy never answered for a phone call, for an email or for a letter. We have been there twice personally but they send us away without the document what we need to marry there.

@lainahudson hi how are you! I'm a Tunisian guy who will marry a British woman and I'm wondering if you can put me in contact with your spouse here in Tunisia to ask him about papers needed and more information if it is possible for sure? And thanks you.

@lainahudson

Good afternoon.

Is it possible you can advise me

What documents you needed to take?

We're the blood tests done over there?

The translation of your documents where did you get them done?

@Hungary.Algeria8

I know i am lebanese canadien. Went to tunisia in july and my algerian fiancé came also to tunisia  everything went well at my canadien embassy we then went to thé algerian consulat and they refused to give him thé paper needed they said since 2018 everything changer you need to be à résident of tunisia.  And i told him where is the la and he didnt answer me.   They just didnt give us thé paper.   At least we saw each other now i am going to go algeria inshallah

im tunisian married to an irish citizen she basically brough her birth certificate ' must be not less than 1 month old" her Marriage authorization from the embasy and freedom of marriage from her country , we got married with a minisiter payed 300 Dinar , depends how far you located to the minisiter , when it comes to registry office i think you must book a date with them before hand.

Hi everyone 😊

I hope you are doing great!

Newbie here!

I'm marrying my Tunisian fiance soon and I'm finding it so difficult to find the right information

I have already applied for my CONI, i was due to collect it a few days ago, however, we've run into a problem.

In Scotland they add the date of the proposed marriage to the CONI. As its valid for 3 months I believed the date on it didn't have to be final and we could change this at the Embassy in Tunis if we need to.

We have our appointment at the Embassy booked, however, we don't know the exact date we are getting married because of how differently things are done in Tunisia and how quickly it can be organised.

We thought we would need to get the paperwork completed at the embassy and once we have the document confirming I can get married we would then organise everything else, such as the blood tests, translation of documents. Then once all that is done we arrange the actual ceremony at the Tunisian equivalent of a registry office or at a venue.

My local registrar has said they can't issue the CONI without the date we are getting married. I've looked online and found that the date of marriage isn't included on CONI's in other parts of the UK.

I don't understand how it can be different for Scotland. I thought the CONI was simply to prove that I am legally allowed to get married and the date of the wedding would be added to the paperwork we do in Tunisia.

Am I correct that the date of marriage isn't on CONI's issued in England/Wales/NI?

I've been searching online but haven't found anything to really confirm this, I've contacted the Embassy in Tunis but I'm still waiting for a reply.

Sorry for the long post, I'm just a bit upset and don't know what to do!

Do you know any notary from city of Tunisia that would marry Christian man and a Muslim girl? It's important for me to get married there, but they told my girlfriend today, that she can't marry non Muslim guy. Then i googled it and i saw that some notaries will not do it even though they would be breaking the law if they refuse. So, do you know the notary that follow Tunisian law and wants to marry us, since from 2017 it is allowed for Muslim girl to marry non Muslim person in Tunisia?

@lainahudson hey im trying to get a similar thing done, would you have a  contact whom id need for the legal side or whatever by chance please and thanks?