Long Stay VISA Processing Delay

Hello

I applied for a long-stay VISA over two months ago and no feedback from the Embassy. Has anyone experienced a delay with the processing of a VISA? I just want to understand the situation since the Embassy is not picking up my calls or replying to my emails.

@davismugendi0

For Romania this is very common. You will be lucky to every hear anything back.

@davismugendi0 Hi, I am also applying for a long-stay visa (from Dubai). The Romanian consulate has the following warning on their website re this:

'...We reiterate the information that, from May 2022, an unprecedented number of requests for visas for family members, business, tourism, etc. are being registered at the consulate, but the majority are requests for work visas, following the quota approved by the Romanian authorities for the labor force from abroad and the appointments are extended to over 3-5 months.'

So I was told to apply for a VISA ASAP as it can really take up to 5-6 months. I have just applied.

@davismugendi0

the long stay visa is an issue. Had same issue. First it was rejected after a month for some silly reasons. The embassy says the answer doesn't come from them. It comes from immigration in Romania. Told us to reapply immediately that they would write to the immigration too.  Well finally I got the long stay visa which I did through Family reunification.

Now having issues with getting residency. The paper work system in Romania in headache 🤣🤣

@goodluckgreavu Can you please share what is the issue with the residence (if it is not a private case), so that others are aware and could possibly avoid such complications?

@goodluckgreavu Can you please share what is the issue with the residence (if it is not a private case), so that others are aware and could possibly avoid such complications?
-@Lana2155

Let's stay on topic, please.  There are other topics to discuss residence permits.

Romaniac

@Lana2155

Thank you,  seems the only option I have is patience. This is a serious inconvenience, the consultant I used on this matter advised me it will take less than a month so I made my travel plans based on this. I trust someone on this platform will not make a similar mistake.

@goodluckgreavu

When was that and how long did it take if you don't mind? The work authorization quota for non-EU/EEA/Swiss nationals was released on 1st Jan 2023 so I expected a feedback few days after that.

@Lana2155
Thank you, seems the only option I have is patience. This is a serious inconvenience, the consultant I used on this matter advised me it will take less than a month so I made my travel plans based on this. I trust someone on this platform will not make a similar mistake.
-@davismugendi0

Often, it's a mistake to make travel arrangements without immigration having issued a visa or permit first.  Making travel plans off on a consultant's advice can be quite foolish, as that person has no authority over immigration control.

Romaniac

@romaniac

Thank you, it is a lesson learned the hard way.

@davismugendi0  sorry my reply is coming late. Got my visa this January. The first one was rejected November last year.

@Lana2155 sorry for the late reply. The issue is the health insurance. Getting health insurance is a huge job. The process is a lot, people at the ANAF office where I have to go get the NIF number is so annoying. They are rude, not patient to reply or give full information about anything and it takes forever to process. Had to go to the immigration to request if we can get a private one. They said yes. So we are going to try that now.  I'm pregnant and giving birth 2 weeks before my visa Expires. Which is in 4 weeks time. My visa is multiple entry and I can't travel and come back in cause I'm 36weeks pregnant already. Can't take long trip. So we just hoping the immigration process will be easy. They are easy at the immigration. My experience so far with them is great. Hopefully it wouldn't turn sour when is time to apply.

Just be mindful that, in my case, I had private insurance, but to get my Permis de Ședere this was not what they wanted. They wanted the public insurance to complete the process. The private insurance was permitted, but the public insurance was required. Good luck.

Just be mindful that, in my case, I had private insurance, but to get my Permis de Ședere this was not what they wanted. They wanted the public insurance to complete the process. The private insurance was permitted, but the public insurance was required. Good luck.
-@JohnnyStLouis

Please read post #6 above.  You are off-topic, as usual.

@goodluckgreavu

Thank you.

@Forum

I finally got my VISA. Thank you for your input and advise.

HI everyone,

I have applied for Romania work visa appointment, I have got my work permit in July-2023, and after that i have applied for visa appointment but still its been more than 3 months. I couldn't get the date for visa interview. and I have taken insurance and tickets(Because it was mandatory for E-visa website) at my personal money and if it take so long then may be my employer would also hire someone, May be they would not wait so long, It already been more than 7 to 8 months in whole process. If someone has any idea how to get faster visa, Kindly suggest me.

@davismugendi0 I'm also going through the same thing with my study visa, I applied a month and half ago and I still haven't gotten feedback from my emails

@Gaurav1112

Every situation is unique, but as an American I just submitted my application for a Five Year permit. I was told it goes to București for processing then I pay the fee and I receive the card. They are already satisfied with my language level. Even though the receipt said April, they said I could perhaps get it earlier. Good luck.

@Gaurav1112
Every situation is unique, but as an American I just submitted my application for a Five Year permit. I was told it goes to București for processing then I pay the fee and I receive the card. They are already satisfied with my language level. Even though the receipt said April, they said I could perhaps get it earlier. Good luck.

-@JohnnyStLouis

The topic is about VISA's, not residence permit renewals.  Completely different processes!

@davismugendi0

Moderated by Bhavna 7 months ago
Reason : Off-topic ! Please create a thread of your own.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@kennedynsofwa6 have you gotten your study visa now? I applied in october too

@GuestPoster30102 hello can you kindly give me your whatsapp number please

@chiomzyfed +35796250915

@Lana2155

good day, did you later get visa

@kennedynsofwa6

hi

did you later get visa

@Salmanakram31

who is this

@Gaurav1112 hello good day did you later get your visa