Uk visa without permesso

Hello , I am naima from Pakistan currently studying in Rome. I need to travel to UK in May , can I apply for uk visa without permesso? My 1st time permesso is in process atm. I have residency in Dubai and I have travelled to Uk before

@nyma shabab yes you can apply you should have the appointment receipt you can send the copy of that

Hello , I am naima from Pakistan currently studying in Rome. I need to travel to UK in May , can I apply for uk visa without permesso? My 1st time permesso is in process atm. I have residency in Dubai and I have travelled to Uk before
-@nyma shabab

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

The UK is not a signatory to the Schengen agreement, so your Permesso has no relevance for travel to the UK.  The process for applying for a short-stay visa for the UK can be found on the UK Gov website; this link will take you straight to it.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team

@basgoa1 Hi do you have experience with it? Because I am in same process for applying for UK visa with renewal receipt as my Permesso is expiring on 19th September.

@Cynic Hi,

The problem: Non Italian (Non EU) people need to show that are legally staying in Italy. Thats why they ask for residence permit, or proof of legally staying in Italy.

@Cynic Hi,
The problem: Non Italian (Non EU) people need to show that are legally staying in Italy. Thats why they ask for residence permit, or proof of legally staying in Italy.

-@Ricky0109

The use of your Permesso, together with your passport is part of the travel aspects of the Schengen agreement.  The UK has never been a signature to Schengen and has never permitted such travel.  If you wish to temporarily visit the UK, then you need to apply for a UK visa like all other Indian nationals.  Details of how to apply for a UK visa can be found on the UK Gov website; this link will take you straight to it.

I agree that if a Third Country National is currently living in Italy without the appropriate residence documentation, then they are not likely to be issued with a visa to visit the UK.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team

@Cynic

Hello can you pleaaase share any update about ur uk visa? I'm in the same situation.. I m PhD student in Rome and I need to spend 6 months visiting research period starting from June 2024 in the UK. The problem is my permesso is going to expire in July 2024 and the renewal appointment is for December 2024. In the interim period, I have the receipt confirming the pending renewal. Could you pls tell me if it s going to create a problem for my application ? otherwise what should I do? thank uu

@nyma shabab

Hello can you pleaaase share any update about ur uk visa? I'm in the same situation.. I m PhD student in Rome and I need to spend 6 months visiting research period starting from June 2024 in the UK. The problem is my permesso is going to expire in July 2024 and the renewal appointment is for December 2024. In the interim period, I have the receipt confirming the pending renewal. Could you pls tell me if it s going to create a problem for my application ? otherwise what should I do? thank uu

@Cynic

-@sabinus96

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I'm not aware of any changes to the UK Immigration system that would lead me to change anything I wrote before.  You can read the current UK requirements on the UK Gov website; this link will take you straight to it.  I can see the issue where the UK Government may think you have no right to return to Italy at the end of the research period.

My advice would be to apply for the relevant visa from those listed in the link I have given.  If the UK do decline to offer you a visa, then go to the Italian authorities and request an earlier appointment.  You can also speak to your current Uni in Italy, you can't be the first person who has had this problem.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team

@Cynic Thank you for your reply 1f64f.svg1f64f.svg

@Ricky0109 Hello Ricky, could you pleaaase share any update about ur uk visa? I'm in the same situation.. I m PhD student in Rome and I need to spend 6 months visiting research period starting from June 2024 in the UK. The problem is my permesso is going to expire in July 2024 and the renewal appointment is for December 2024. In the interim period, I have the receipt confirming the pending renewal. Could you pls tell me if it s going to create a problem for my application ? otherwise what should I do? thank uu