Mig Check trouble

Why will the Mig Check site NOT e-mail me?  I have filled it out and it tells me I have been successful, but I never receive an e-mail with the code proving I have completed? Any helpful tips? Thank you

@evel Knievel have you checked your spam or trash ?

that happened to me as well no email at all.  I went back in and downloaded the form and took a picture with my cell phone.  You have to be flexible

@travlerbyheart    No I have not! I will try that and see if I can find something. Thanks

Well....just checked my spam and trash, nothing.

You think they would have all the bugs worked out after 3-4 years.

When the message comes up on your screen saying success or éxito, take a screen shot. That worked as proof for me in the airport.

When you have your data filled in, take a screen shot. When you get the success message take another screen shot. That worked as proof for me at the airport.

@futuroexpat  Thanks you.  I believe that is what I will do. Will it work.....who knows?  This Mig Check has been a disaster from the start.  I have been in and out of Cali 4 times since the M-C and there is always something screwed up with it.

@futuroexpat  Can I ask you what airline you flew on? Thank you

I have heard that the Migration Site doenst work well if you selected English as your language. I have always used the Spanish version with no problems, but still, I take the screen shots and even hardcopies to the airport to be sure, and on my last entry I needed to show the hardcopies at the airport as I was boarding.

Gentlemen, I believe I got it!!! Thanks for all your help.  EK1f600.svg

@evel Knievel ... American Airlines

Dear Evel,

If you are not enough of a nerd to know how

to do a screenshot, maybe a tech-savvy friend

could produce a photograph of the

relevant page.

I had so much trouble with proving the

Check MIG approval, that I paid 39 US

each of multiple times to one of the

easily-Googled firms that market their

services to produce the confirmation.

Another option is to show up really early

at your departure airport so you can

resolve the issue timely on the spot

in order to make your flight.

cccmedia

Haven't flown recently, but others have said it's not even needed anymore....

The last time I flew the airline asked about the check mig and when I went blank they just gave me the old paper form to fill out. Entering Colombia they filled the check mig at the airport for me. The only real issue was that they made me get out of line to complete the paperwork and then come back directly to the ticket counter. No issue at all since I now leave plenty of time for issues at the airport.

lpd

Hello, when you say "the last time", how long time was it ? Thanks

@Lpdiver Which airline gave you a paper form?

@evel Knievel dont know..I always get an email..

Best to take the screen shot of the last page before you finish the process like they suggest

Take screen shots of all the completed data.

@ChineduOpara Spirit Airlines and migrations did not want to see the paper form upon arrival, they just filled in the electronic form with no issues or delays. Next trip I will investigate CheckMig well in advance.

lpc

Just a little update on the Mig Check.  I just received an e-mail with the Mig Check conformation. It is only 4 days late?1f602.svg

If that is all the better they can do, they may want to either scrap it and or start over. Maybe look at what the DR does, which is have none of this stuff.1f44d.svg

I have never had problems with CheckMig  yet thank god, but I heard a horror story from a friend.

This guy BSs a bit, but being it happened in Canada, I can believe it.

He has used Mig check often, and it worked okay.

Once returning from Canada, Toronto ,- New York- Medellin ( or Bogota) via Delta it didnt work, and he took a foto of every page.

It still didnt work, and the Millenial "Karen" Canadian Delta agent wouldnt let him through and he had to re- book and pay for a new flight and hotel..around $1400..no matter how he argued with her.

I can see this happening in Canada , as a large proportion of the population are all stringent obedient rule following fascists, particuarly in Toronto, where they are all low- life Trudeau voters.

Apparently he was trying to get on the Check-MIG form several days before.

Now thst part I think he was lieing..I bet he waited until the last minute

CCC ..can you please provide links to these services that fill the complete the form  for $39?

All these stories on here and my friends story has got me paranoid, despite me never having problems.

I will try to fill it out the form 3 days before and in Spanish.

@nico peligro   I filled it out 72 hrs before the flight time. 4 days later here comes the e-mail from Mig Check. Nice, really nice and efficient!!!!1f602.svg

@nico peligro

I have used iVisa for Check-MIG expedited service

when I had been unsuccessful doing it myself ..

or at least couldn't obtain confirmation.

Standard processing now listed at 26 US.

Rush service, four hours  47 US.

Super rush service,  30 minutes  79 US.

All prices rounded to nearest US dollar.

www.ivisa.com

Thanks a lot

I went to my son's wedding in December 2022...did not get any emai from check mig. Went back on March 12....got email for March trip, 3 days ago, more than a month later. ..none for December trip as of yet.  No, it is not in spam folder.

I go in and out of Colombia All the time and never have problems with the checkmig form however, I do it in Spanish and maybe it's a lot easier, even if you don't get the email I guarantee Is already at the imigration Office.

If you need help let me know I'll be happy to help for a small contribution.

@Xavier Varela-Rosales hahaah..so you are the ChecMIG IT person responsible for the quirks on platform?

Maybe the website CCC gave us are the CheckMig system engineers who are making money on the side to fix the "glitches" they purposely put in the system

I never have problems..I did it 95% in Spanish, did it once in English , but still no problem

I will keep doing it in Spanish to be safe, I guess

Just my recent experience from this morning filling out and submitting the check-mig form, I fly out on COPA on this Saturday morning from Medellin to PTY and arrive in LAX at late afternoon soooooo..........

.........I did the check-mig form on my laptop in English, submitted it and was sure to print a copy AND I received the confirmation email WITHIN 10 minutes!

Does the airline matter? My parents traveling in April of this year via Spirit and we don't remember doing this. He flew out to MDE this morning via JetBlue and I had to figure out what the heck this check mig is 2 hours before his flight. Do certain airlines not require it?

@Michi G if you're traveling inside the country you don't have to do it. Entering and leaving the country you must do it everytime with all airlines.

Based on my experience, enforcement of the

Check-MIG rule has been spotty for arrivals to

Colombia.

As far as I can tell, nobody has been having a problem

exiting Colombia if they don't file the document before

flying out.

One's 'mileage' may vary, especially if there is an

unrelated legal problem involving a traveler.

An overstay, for instance.

The Check-MIG system has been so fraught with

technical problems that I recommend that visitors

flying into Colombia leave some extra time to

sort things out if they are not 100 percent certain

that they can produce the document at a

departures counter.

cccmedia

@Michi G

It all depends on the Airline you are using my wife just flew in from the US on United and they would not let her board the plane unless she had the check-mig done first thing they asked her!! Flying out of Coñombia no one asked her for it even though she had iit done.

Hutch

I use the chekmig app from the Google play store and sometimes it will send an email, sometimes it downloads the form immediately with no email, sometimes it doesn't work at all and I have to go to the actual chekmig website and start over and it always works on one of those and I use English. I've never had to wait or pay for a service in 4 years of travel back and forth every 4 months. I always submit 72 hrs prior to departure and do it on my cell phone.

I just checked and the app is down and the previous website is also. Here's the new one that is working but very different than the previous one. It let me sign in to my frequent user account so I know it's good.

https://apps.migracioncolombia.gov.co/pre-registro/en

Check-Mig is not needed anymore. For the time being....

Perhaps the airlines don't know this yet...

You are incorrect, Check Mig is not require if you enter by land but still required if you enter Colombia by plane.

I've had several friends enter Colombia from the US in the past two months.  They didn't fill out check-mig...

Your mileage may vary...

Last month (July 2023) I flew Avianca from the USA into Colombia and United out of Colombia back to the USA.  I had my CheckMig printed out  each time and was never asked for either of them.