Buying a house on Bahamas

I am looking for a good real estate agent to help me to buy a house on Bahamas. I am planning to travel to Bahamas in the end of May and look at the available properties. I have a lot of questions. Which island to choose? How about transportation? Is it realistic to rent it? How expansive is to renovate? Building materials? Furniture? I appreciate any advice.

Thank you

Alex

I am looking for a good real estate agent to help me to buy a house on Bahamas. I am planning to travel to Bahamas in the end of May and look at the available properties. I have a lot of questions. Which island to choose? How about transportation? Is it realistic to rent it? How expansive is to renovate? Building materials? Furniture? I appreciate any advice.
Thank you
Alex
-@selevkid

@selevkid Hello, I am Alex Henfield, a licensed Real Estate Agent based in Nassau, Bahamas. Firstly, thank you for your interest in The Bahamas!

Nassau, which is the capital city, based on the island of New Providence is home to the largest international airport, most commercial and private banks in the country. There are numerous international air and sea transportation options available to and from Nassau. Some of the other islands, such as Exuma, Eluethera, Grand Bahama, Abaco and Bimini also offer international air and sea transport (including direct shipping). Most residents use their personal vehicles, as opposed to public transportation. However, if your stay is short term, a rental would be fine. There are multiple building supplies and furniture stores with a wide range of options to choose from. Alternatively, depending on preference, it is not uncommon to import materials.

Cheers!

Alex

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum + no advertising
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Thank you for your response. I am looking for fixer-upper that's why I want know is there a big difference in prices for building materials comparing to US and is it easy to find construction workers and what do they charge. I can do a lot by myself but still will need helping hands. I wan to buy property to stay in for 3-4 months mostly summer and rent for the rest of time. I want to come last week of May and see some properties. Can you help? Your email didn't come through. My email is ****

Alex

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

And can you please send links to available  properties

It seems contact details are blocked from the open forum so I sent you a direct message with my email address.

In some aspects the prices on building materials and furniture are more expensive; however, what is also factored in when importing are cargo fee, customs duties (government imposed). There are options to choose from as it relates to cargo companies and their fees; the customs duties are standard. I can share the government's custom duty rates with you via email, so that you are able to work with numbers.

Construction workers are generally easy to source. Wage for an average skilled laborer can range anywhere from $100-$250 per day.

Cheers!

Alex

Hello everyone,

Please note that the forum should not be used to make commercial offers.

Professionals are required to register their services in the Business directory. Contact details should also not be posted on the open forum but rather shared through the private messaging system.

Find professionals of the Real Estate Sector listed in the Real estate in the Bahamas section of the business directory.

Thank you

Bhavna