Cost of living

Hi,

I am considering a move to Bermuda as I am a registered mental health nurse within the UK and have been approached by an agency. I would also move with my fiancé, who has experience in managing small leisure/entertainment based companies (escape rooms, town quests etc).

The pay I have been approached with is very attractive compared to UK salaries ($95k), and the lifestyle would much better suit us as a couple. However, I have read that the cost of living is a lot higher than in the UK, so my question is for those who have done it, or those who are in Bermuda- is it worth it? Is there a good balance between income and cost of living? At the moment in the UK I manage to save $750 per month (£600). I would only go ahead if I thought it possible to continue saving the same, if not more, of my monthly income.

Also is there any advice as to how to support my fiance to make the move? Would it be more difficult for him to obtain a visa as he is not in a specific profession?

TIA for any advice 😊

Check out www.numbeo.com for living costs.

This should give you ballpark figures to help you.

Hiya you would be fine with that salary and be able to save. You may want to consider shared accommodation which could run you between 850 to 1500 a month depending where you are living and how spacious the house is. Electricity would be about 150-200 depending on how often you use the aircon. With that salary and even with the cost of expenses you alone will still be able to save and have a nice fun life.

The issue you're going to have is that your partner is basically unemployable in Bermuda. That type of role isn't regarded as a skilled role and so he is unlikely to be able to find a job here as that would go to locals. If he has some form of hospitality experience he may be able to work in that as that is one of the few unskilled roles that are open to expats. Overall you will need to consider if you're comfortable living off you're salary for the two of you and that can be a huge strain on a young couple.

@Cosy Jade btw if you came alone you could probably save anywhere from 2500-4k  a month depending on how expensive your personal lifestyle is.