PHCC guest house and family visa

Hi

I have received an employment offer from PHCC qatar in research. I had few queries

I have housing in my employment offer however I was told that initially I will be given a guest house . I wanted to know if it will be single room or a studio apartment

I understand that family visa processing is after probation ends but can families come in visit visa initially and then later it can be converted ? Anyone with a similar experience ?

also any tips about early days of relocation to Qatar ?

thanks

Hello Mhassan01,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Thank you for asking your questions here.

I observed that you have selected the Doha forum. Does this imply that the guest house is located in Doha?

Regarding the visa, I recommend you read Living in Qatar guide for expats, and articles on the Visas for Qatar for further information.

All the best,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Cheryl thanks for the info

I was told by my employers that I can apply for my family's visa upon completion of probation and from the given information it seems they can accompany me on a visit visa till then. The guide on work visa states that it is generally very difficult for a wife to sponsor husband . I was a bit concerned by that . Any idea why is it so ? My employers didn't indicate any such thing so I was concerned

yes I anticipate my work place to be in Doha ( as it's administrative job with PHCC ) so I expect the guest house to be in Doha too

-@Mhassan01 It wont be difficult for a wife to sponsor husband on family RP visa until you have a Good Grade and package-  Yeah For time being a guest house is provided until you decide to leave out and take housing encashment or you can live in PHCC or HMC accommodation.

Once you arrive in Qatar and have your QID then immediately you can apply for family RP visa.

@Cheryl thanks for the info
I was told by my employers that I can apply for my family's visa upon completion of probation and from the given information it seems they can accompany me on a visit visa till then. The guide on work visa states that it is generally very difficult for a wife to sponsor husband . I was a bit concerned by that . Any idea why is it so ? My employers didn't indicate any such thing so I was concerned
yes I anticipate my work place to be in Doha ( as it's administrative job with PHCC ) so I expect the guest house to be in Doha too

@Wilson thank you for these details . My salary and package is inline with the requirements for family visa . My question specifically is regarding family accompanying initially on a routine visitor visa which can change later to family visa once all requirements are met

Yes you can change the family Visit visa to a permanent residence by paying a small transfer fee QR 500 depend on the documents you process. 

@Wilson thank you very much for these helpful responses