Hello Requiemscolopendra,

Welcome on board !

how can we help you ?

All the best

Bhavna

@Bhavna

hello Bhavna

yes, you can ;)

first things to do for live in Berlin for exemple ?

Thank you so much Bhavna

first things to do for live in Berlin for exemple ?
-@requiemscolopendra

This is too vague a question to give a meaningful answer.

What do you want to knowmore about: Daily life in Berlin? Cost of living? How to find a source of income (or do you have sufficient wealth)? How to travel there? How to find a place to stay? How to manoevre German officialdom? How to lear German language and how important it is for living here?

For most of there, you should first read the guides available on this site and existing forum threads about the topics. All have been exhaustively discussed!

Of course as a Schengen country citizen a French person has no legal problems to migrate to Germany. My strongest recommendation would be to motivate yourself to learn German as well and as quickly as possible. Even if one can survive without it, one will otherwise be limited in their work and social opportunities; always dependent on other's assistance to navigate life and ultimately miss out on a lot of things.

That said; I guess there must be many things going on in Berlin, especially for people in the arts. I only went there a few times, always for short stays so I don't really know the city. I didn't care for it so much but likely because of my particular situation at the time. And it has changed drastically since reunification. I've met a number of performers recently who live in Berlin and seem to really enjoy it.

@beppi

my question is a full of questions in fact

all is important

and all i agree

thanks a lot ;)