What is life like in Guyana for an expat ?

Hello everyone,  I currently live and work in the US. My parents are originally from Guyana. I would like to know what it is like to live in Guyana these days, especially as an expat. I haven't been there since 1981, and I would love to see it again with my wife and daughter. I am interested to understand what it would be like to live there in retirement. Thank you!

hello Habubauza,

Welcome on board !

Please note that I have created a new thread from your post on the Guyana forum so that members may share their insights with you.

Have you considered going on a short trip (maybe for holidays) to have a feel of what it "could" be ?

All the best

Bhavna

Living in Guyana as an expat is influenced by its diverse culture, friendly people, and unique landscapes.

Expats often enjoyed the rich cultural tapestry, with influences from East Indian, African, Amerindian, and European traditions. The cost of living is generally moderate, but infrastructure and services vary across regions.

Thank you very much for your replies.  I really look forward to learning as much as I can.