Income/Savings Requirements for a Spain Digital Nomad Visa

Hi there

I've been researching the possibility of applying for a Spain Digital Nomad Visa and am wondering if I am likely to be accepted

I am from the UK and currently earn £2320 (2698 EUR) before tax per month, about £1830 (2128 EUR) after deductions My job is in customer service and allows me to work completely remotely.

I don't have a load of savings, about £5000 at the moment (5815 EUR) but could potentially 'simulate' having more through a temporary loan from a family member

I have no dependants but would be traveling with my partner. She has a EU passport though, so she'll be able to find work there in Spain with no issues

I've seen conflicting information online about the visa requirements so was hoping I could get some advice here.

I'd also like to get some general tips for the whole application process, for those who've been though it.

Why not read the official website?

https://www.exteriores.gob.es/Consulado … -Visa.aspx

There is a link to a PDF which gives all the details you need to know.

Hi there, thanks for replying

I've read over all of this already but my concern is whether the income requirements are before tax deductions or after. If it's after deductions then i wouldn't qualify but it isn't clear on the website

@Jethro93

Excellent link from @RibeiraSacra gives you lots of info.

The numbers are gross salary, so you should have no problem. Your salary is over the requirement and you have some savings to show too.

This link (from a Spanish immigration law firm) is also very helpful.

https://balcellsgroup.com/digital-nomad-visa/

I believe that the DNV (unlike most other Spanish visas which must be done at a Spanish Embassy) can also be applied for in Spain. This might be more convenient if you and your partner are ready to up-sticks and find a place to live there.

For EU citizens it's much easier, they do the "EU Citizen Registration" process (proof of funds, proof of health insurance, proof of address).

For long-term partners (over 2 years) the EU allows for "family reunification" of non-EU citizens. Spain is a bit difficult about cohabitation (but very easy for married, civil partnerships, parejas de hecho) but it's possible (I did it). So you might keep in mind that you have two routes: you get a DNV and your partner does the EU Registration; your partner does the EU Registration, then applies for Family Reunification for you. The latter will get you a 5 years residence permit. (And you can try this option now, or later, when you're living in Spain, instead of renewing your DNV.)