Workpermit in own restaurant of my Thai wife

Hi,

I am married with a Thai and want to start working in her own restaurant.

Do I need to fulfill the strong rules about minimum 4 Thai Employee/Farang, Min income of 40.000THB/Month etc?

It is a small restaurant only and I want to add European Food.

Thank You in Advance

Hi,
I am married with a Thai and want to start working in her own restaurant.
Do I need to fulfill the strong rules about minimum 4 Thai Employee/Farang, Min income of 40.000THB/Month etc?
It is a small restaurant only and I want to add European Food.
Thank You in Advance
-@MKrispin

What are you supposed to do in her restaurant? Serve food? You are not allowed to work in a Thai restaurant as a foreigner. It doesn't matter if you add European food to the menu. Owner/co-owner,yes, but that's basically all.

@Leeds forever!

I would like to cook. It shall not be a Thai-Restaurant but European food.

A kind of Chef-table at our home, but with a legal business on her name.

@Leeds forever!
I would like to cook. It shall not be a Thai-Restaurant but European food.
A kind of Chef-table at our home, but with a legal business on her name.
-@MKrispin

Normally in Thailand for a foreigner to be able to work officially as a chef in a restaurant, the restaurant is for example French,Greek,Italian or Indian. You get my drift?

@Leeds forever!

So, I will go ahead to the town house and ask for the conditions for my work permit.

I just wanted to know if it is anyway possible or not.

Thank You and Best Regards,

Michael

@Leeds forever!
So, I will go ahead to the town house and ask for the conditions for my work permit.
I just wanted to know if it is anyway possible or not.
Michael
-@MKrispin

Under the correct conditions it's possible. They will probably ask what kind of restaurant it is. I'm staying in Jomtien and the only restaurants I know with foreign chefs are French,Greek,Italian,Indian,Swedish,Danish etc etc. As far as I know,a foreign chef in a Thai restaurant is unheard of.

I think it might help to have a brief description about the difference of that European-Style restaurant with minimum 3 course menu, dining at chef's house in a nice and secret environ etc. for only one or two table against the standard approach of restaurants in Pattaya. I stay in Bang Saray btw.

From my previous exchange with an immigration officer and an officer at the ministry of labour, a spouse or parent to a Thai citizen is allowed to get a work permit if some conditions are met (some restrictions might not even be accountable for) because they are considered as the breadwinner of the family.

I would suggest you to get in touch with them to figure out what would be most suitable for you.

From my previous exchange with an immigration officer and an officer at the ministry of labour, a spouse or parent to a Thai citizen is allowed to get a work permit if some conditions are met (some restrictions might not even be accountable for) because they are considered as the breadwinner of the family.
I would suggest you to get in touch with them to figure out what would be most suitable for you.

-@Jey_L

The work permit is not a big problem as long as it's  not a Thai restaurant.

OK, Thank You All Guys for your replay.

I read out that it is possible to work legal as Chef if the Restautant is a dedicated European Food Restaurant.

The next question is, does we must employee additional Thais? We could handle the specific offer with me

and my wife alone. Next, do I need to earn the minimum salary for Farang?

OK, Thank You All Guys for your replay.
I read out that it is possible to work legal as Chef if the Restautant is a dedicated European Food Restaurant.
The next question is, does we must employee additional Thais? We could handle the specific offer with me
and my wife alone. Next, do I need to earn the minimum salary for Farang?

-@MKrispin

I can't answer the question about the need for additional employees but earning the minimum salary is "most likely" needed.

@MKrispin With a Thai wife, if she has the business in her name, you only need two Thai employees (she cannot be counted as one of the two.)