Teaching English in China AFTER completing an internship

I am currently one year into an undergraduate degree with a distance learning-based university. I wish to move to China to work as an English teacher in order to be with my partner, switching from full time to part time remote study while teaching full-time. However, as you will presumably know I cannot get a work permit to teach in China until I have an undergraduate degree - that is, **unless** I can get accepted into an English teaching internship program over there.

Most of the internships I have seen advertised run from between 4 to 10 months. My question is: if I can complete a legal, government-approved internship, would there be any possibility of me being able to stay in China as an English teacher once the internship is finished? Or would I have to leave immediately afterwards? It would be nice to spend 10 months with my partner but if I have to go home straight away once the internship is finished then that kind of defeats the entire purpose - I might as well just stay here and finish my degree in that scenario :(

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

There are other visas that you can apply for that will let you spend time here, look into them, you can apply for them after your internship is over