Civil Marriage in Peru

My partner and I are trying to get married soon in Ica, Perú. The problem is that I don't have a lot of time to spend in Peru planning the wedding since I have work. I have exactly one week to take off, but I don't want to take off, unless I have to. Do I have to be in Peru (in-person) to plan the wedding, or can my partner take care of everything? Specifically, I want to know if my partner can legalize my documents, bring the documents to the RC/courthouse, choose the wedding day, and turn in the proof needed with the newspaper all by himself. Am I legally required to be there for any of this?

I think this depends on the Peruvian law regarding marriage , a lil bit of research will be needed here .

@omobaj12 yea, i can't find anything online.

Hi! I just got married in Peru. Is your partner Peruvian?

For the newspaper part you have to get an doctors examination in Peru first (they do a blood test, take your measurements and weight). Then with the receipts they give you for that you can go to the municipality and get the section printed in the newspaper. Once it is printed (the next day) you then have to wait 10 business days to pick a date that is available to get married.

Your partner will be able to get the papers legalized, however they do need to be apostilized in your country and translated to Spanish before they can get legalized.

@jennahurtubise Yes, my partner is Peruvian. Do you have any advice? Especially on getting the single status paper.

@jennahurtubise Thank you for your reply. Do you know how to get a “single status affidavit?” Can I use one from the US embassy in Peru?

im Canadian, so im not sure the process in the USA. What I did was I made up a single status affidavit and got it singed by a notery and then I also did a marriage search in my province, just to be safe. I think its the same in the USA based on this website: https://www.services2nri.com/blog/can-g … icate-usa/

@jennahurtubise My local county doesn't know about the form so im thinking of translating the form used in Peru and filling that out. I will also do what you did and look in my country for a marriage search.  Do you think this will work?