Renewal of carte de séjour pluriannuelle

Hello expat community!

I'm new here - nice to e-meet you 👋 I'm looking for more information concerning the duration of the creation of my renewed carte de séjour pluriannuelle. Back in December 2022, I submitted a renewal request for my old carte de séjour (of 4 years) and received validation/"décision favorable" in the same month and a note saying that my card was in the process of being created. However, it's now October (so 10 months later) and I still haven't received any info regarding the physical card.

My questions:

1. Has anyone received their card sooner than this? Also, did they inform you of the availability of your new card via e-mail or snail mail?
  2. Would not having the new card pose a problem for getting unemployment benefits? My company is doing layoffs.
  3. Am I able to sign up for an identité numérique without my new card?

Thnk you in advance for your help and have a great day!

Jen

Hi Jennifer.  Have you made an appointment at the Prefecture?  My 4 year took 8 weeks, and my wife's took 2 weeks.  Why, I am not sure.  There seems to be unilateral decisions made be offices.  Don't be afraid to knock on their door.  At least in the Perigeuex office they were always helpful.

Hi @westinca!

Thank you very much for your response :) No, I didn't make an appointment at the préfecture - I thought I had to wait for them to let me know that my card was ready first, no? Also, did they let you know via email or a physical letter?

And was yours a renewal that you requested via the Étrangers en France website https://administration-etrangers-en-fra … culiers/#/

@Jennifer_Nguyen

You need to inquire to the office you sent it to. That is too long. When you file something to the Prefecture in Toulouse, they never look at it until close to 90 days, but  I have always gotten a written postal response within four months. Once an agent starts on the Case, they will keep at it to clear it. And if they had one more question, it came by email after 90 days. Call the Prefectuer if you can. Talk to your mayor's office. They can call or write the correct office.

And even someone at your work? Because it will be harder to fix after your employment ends.     

@Jennifer_Nguyen I used the same website. I cannot remember where I received an email address to communicate with the Prefecture.  But, I used that email address to start the ball rolling.  I made an appointment online with my Prefecture, arrived and received direction.  As I said earlier my wife's card was processed in record time.   I had 3 trips to the Prefecture office to finally receive mine.  She showed up on her first appointment and handed hers to her.  No rhyme or reason.  I am on my 6th month waiting for my drivers license exchange.  Another story of the French paperwork system!

Good luck.

@westinca

The driver's license change took me a year and 2 months and four trips to the Prefecture. They said a year at the start. And I got the first email a week over the year. They did not understand that my license was only 2 years old. Because here they replace them every 2, 5, or 10 years depending on the State and politics (US) Plus I had to change it every time I moved because it was our ID.  But I learned how to build a file that had everything they wanted and all in the correct order all on A4 paper no stapes. So all the rest passed the test. Good luck with yours. I got my ten-year Carte Sejour this spring after 7 years.

@boatman1940 thank you very much for this useful info! I'll make an appt at the prefecture and inquire about this indeed!

@westinca thanks again for your insights! Take good care 1f600.svg

@Jennifer_Nguyen

Good Luck. The list of Documents you will need may be available on the internet by form number. But are different by Department. Or on the department web page or use your old one. I put all the papers in the order of the list. I use a paper clip to keep the pages connected if there is more than one page in a section. And hand them in the folder.     ( No staples )   all  A4  paper. They Scan everything. I put the list on the top of every in the folder. They deal with many types of applications, so the list helps. If you need translations of a document, you can use copies of the old ones you have.  Or get translations or translators on the web. The French Curified translators on the web are fast and reasonable. All done by email.   

John Lee

@boatman1940 I submitted my request online. Ironically them streamlining the process didn't make the process advance quicker, haha.

But are they responding to your file?  Things are constantly changing. Sometimes, not in a good way. Did they find your file? 

@boatman1940 omg, I wrote to my préfecture - had to find the specific one in the Hauts-des-Seines; therefore Nanterre - and they actually got back to me the next day to let me know that my card is sitting at their offices! I've been going through the wrong path this whole time trying to contact someone using the Étrangers en France contact form. I'm so glad you suggested contacting the préfecture directly - THANK YOU!!!!!

Very Good. I am happy that it went well. Have a good fall season.

John

@boatman1940 thank you, you as well!