CBD oil, or gummies

Good evening folks.

Need some clarification on CBD oil.

I've seen some web sites that state tourists can bring in 100ml of CBD oil on carry on or checked luggage.

What is the real deal?

Thank you!

I bet yer that web site was put up by the DR bar association to get more clients…🤣 , think about that female basketball that just wanted to bring a little oil into Russia , do you really want to go down that road in a foreign county , if you can't buy here i wouldn't bring it here

Although I appreciate sarcasm from time-to-time, a simple no would have sufficed.

Thank you.

All of it is banned.  You will get lots of people's saying oh I brought in xxxx.  It's illegal, period, take your chances of ending up in jail and paying plenty to get out and be sent home at your cost!

Being Canadian, where its legal in the entire country, you might forget when you travel.  You need to remember, its not the case in DR, where only alcohol and tobacco is legal.

You ever drive by a police station here?  You never want to spend even an hour in jail.  You heard of this flight?  This airline crew found a bag they knew was not right on their way back to Toronto from Punta Cana, and when they informed police, they were all arrested and put in jail.  After the ninth day, they were released on bail, and are now in a safe house under 24-hour armed security paid for by Pivot Airlines.   This is the entire story. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ … drugs-bust

@Tippj1f606.svg1f923.svg

Not worth the risk!! if you need the benefits of CBD (not THC) in a completely legal form, try the essential oil Copaiba. it has the same beneficial chemical components and some studies have shown it's even more effective than CBD.

why not just get some edibles? unless your acting like a idiot and/or telling everyone about it i dont think anybody would question you eating some cookies/ gummies. just repackage dont think it would be wise to have a picture of a certain plant on the wrapper lol.

On this forum we do not encourage anyone to break the law. Gummies brownies cookies are all illegal if they contain banned substances.  Do not do it.

@mateo88

That is of course quite true. I have seen a sniffer dog only the one time when I flew into Santo Domingo, never in Santiago or Puerto Plata. However, even with the odds of never seeing such or being checked, you have to ask yourself if it is worth the risk. IMHO it is better to be safe than sorry. Now that I'm not doing security work and can use such substances to ease some of the aches & pains, I won't unless I try a substitute as mentioned above & it works....

this is for anyone and everyone thinking

( maybe ), ask  yourself  , if-your really  a gambler ? high stakes , and how much time and money do you want to waste , what do yer think … 3 - 4 years

$30 k - $50 k

@planner

i agree DONT DO IT but if you do...

@2VPsoldier

the dogs are actually not checking for THAT. they even make it clear on tsa site. furthermore tsa are not cops. they can inform the cops but will most likey either toss it or let you pass with it dependin on the individual agent. but again, just dont do it.

Don't do it but mateo is right! 1f923.svg

@mateo8 i pretty sure the tsa agent… can hold you if they wanted , I'm pretty sure the dogs in NY are searching for explosives when they come up to you… but I'm not sure what the dogs are looking for here ….. I'm talking about the dogs you don't see in the cargo belts in  the back out if sight

Let's just sum this up: don't. It's illegal and as a gust in this country, respect the laws

@Tippj

they can only detain you if its illegal locally where your coming from. i dont know about the back but dont see why they would use a different kind of dog there. and if your trying to travel with it FROM DR, let alone seeking it in DR, you gotta be a different kinda not smart. your just asking for it at that point.

Moderated by Bhavna 7 months ago
Reason : Illegal
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Just stop.  As per forum rules we don't encourage breaking the law even if it's a joke!

Closed