Moving to Aruba for 2 years, need advice

Hello, my wife has an opportunity to work in Aruba for a period of 2 years, no less but an option for more.  I have a feeling we will have island fever after 2 years.  I would like to start a correspondence with some expats living there.  We are 60 years old, I am a retired engineer but will probably want to work in some way to pass time, tour guide/taxi? boat maintenance?  My hobbies are wing foiling, fishing, biking, sailing.  My questions are:  considering my wife will be working at the airport, where should we look for housing? Should we rent or buy?  I want to be within walking distance to the beach.  Do expats get together to travel to South America?  Is going to Venezuela these days safe?  Looking for ways to combat island fever.  Hope to make contact with expats from America living in Aruba, Thank you.  Scott

Hi my name is  natasha. I am a resident  from aruba.first of all I will like to welcome you and ur wife .to aruba.i will suggest you Rent a house.due that's its only for 2 years.i am living in savaneta. Not to far from the beach..there are a couple of places in this area available for rent...any more questions  feel free to ask.glad to help

@scottwilder         

Hi my name is natasha and I am a resident  of aruba. First of all I would like to say welcome to aruba. I live in savaneta  near the beach.there is a couple of houses in this area for rent.

Aldo I would advice not to go to Venezuela. At this moment  it's not safe.if u have anymore questions  I will be glad to help..

Here's  my email u could contact me.

Moderated by Bhavna 7 months ago
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Natasha, thank you for responding, how much do rental houses go for, what neighborhoods are good and safe? I will look at savaneta.  What are the monthly utilitiy expenses for a house with air conditioning?  Are you from the states? how long have you lived there, what do you like or dislike about life in aruba?  Tell me more, thanks.

Hello Natasha and Scottwilder

Please note that your posts  have been added to this thread of the Aruba forum.

To share contact details, please click on the member's username and choose the "send a message" option.

All the best

Bhavna

Good morning, my name is Rolando Martinez, I worked for a while in Aruba and I would like to work again. Right now I am in Venezuela. How could I opt for the job offer? Thank you.

@scottwilder

hope all is well

please let me know what kind of work is available , i wanted to spend some time in aruba

i have a house there for many years, rent first, prices for purchase have gone way up....see if you like it and then you can always buy

i find the opal /noord/rooi santi area to be great

seems safe

close to hotels and shopping and restaurants and supermarkets and beach, many americans there

whatever i can do to help my email is ***

Moderated by Bhavna 4 months ago
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct