I want work in Germany but I'm resident of Italy ?

Hello to all,

as the title say, I'm an Italian living in Germany (still not resident). I have received an offer by an italian company which does not have a legal branch here in Germany.

Is it possible for me to work for them (remotely) living in Germany?

Yes, why not. You're an EU citizen, so you can live wherever you want to within the Schengen zone. If the company is OK with it, go for it.

As a side note, you could actually even work for a company in non-EU country. In the IT business it's pretty normal for American and Canadian companies to hire people abroad. One of my former employers in Canada was almost 100% Indians, I was the only European on the team. At another company, 90% of the team were Ukrainians, some Russians, and I was the sole Hungarian. Borders aren't a legal obstacle to remote work, for most of the time.

W48SRQ is right above: It is possible. But that doesn't mean the formalities are easy!

For an EU citizen,it is already easier than for others.

You wrote you are living in Germany, but not resident - that is not possible: Living somewhere automatically means being redident. I assume you mean you didn't complete your registration duties yet. If so, that should be your immediate first step - which has to be done (with the threat of penalities) within two weeks of your move-in.

Then you have to get a tax ID, which is issued either automatically after registration, or you contact your local tax office ("Finanzamt").

Since your Italian employer will probably not submit tax withholdings to the German office, you will probably have to pay them yourself (contact the tax office abou how and when!). At the same time, you probably have to get your employer to not deduct Italia taxes any longer - in the EU, you always pay tax where you live and work,not where the employer sits or where the salary is paid out!.Which Italian formalities are needed for this is unknown to me - ask the authorities there!

The next issue is social security: Again, since the employer willprobably not withhold them at source, you will have to pay the (compulsory) dues yourself to the various German authorities and organisations for health, unemployment insurance and pension. Contact your public health insurer to clarify this! (If you are in private health insurance, this will be more complicated!)

And, last not least, since you have no German employer, you will probably be classified as self-employed and, as such, should check whether you need to register a business. Contact your local "Ordnungsamt" (or other office in charge)!

Also, as a self-employed you have to follow German accountancy and tax declaration rules, which are too complex for a non-native speaker to understand (and breaking them can be a criminal offense!). So you are well advised to engage a good accountant and tax adviser for this (at a fee, of course).

Since you are not the first to ask about this on the forum, let me add: The compexity and cost of the above makes working remotely in Germany for a foreign employer unattractive in most cases. Be warned!

@W48SRQ

Hallo,

I'm thankful to you i need job in Germany any job i have lot of experiences in work,

can you help me..?

@samsummer0786 Your latest posting contradicts the first one above (and also the level of English language skills is different) - are you the same person?

@W48SRQHallo, I'm thankful to you i need job in Germany any job i have lot of experiences in work,can you help me..?        -@samsummer0786

This started out as an inquiry about the legality of an Italian working in Germany, which is common knowledge. Now it is a begging for help which is not what this site is about. We give infomation and advice.  If you have job skills and experience then you know best the kinds of places that could use them and can apply for work there. From the title you gave to this thread It sounds like you are possibly a resident rather than citizen of Italy. Very diffent legal situation.