TSS 482 dependant visa

Can a holder of a TSS 482 dependant visa set up an e-commerce business in Australia or work as a sole trader? Thanks

@Beti22 Yes, a holder of a TSS 482 dependent visa can register a company to do an e-commerce business in Australia. However, they must only work in the nominated occupation¹. If you are uncertain about the visa conditions, it is important to check with the Department of Home Affairs. You can also determine if you are eligible to apply for an ABN ⁵.

Alternatively, you can also run the business as a sole trader. The choice of business structure is up to you ². However, it is important to ensure that the entity meets its tax and superannuation obligations ¹.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you for the reply. What about? The husband has the primary TSS 482 visa which says he can only work in the nominated occupation. However, the second holder (the wife) has a dependent visa and she wants to set up a company for the time that she is living in Australia. Based on the website of the Department of Home Affairs, it says: If you are the dependent of the temporary visa holder, then you may not have any condition that will limit your ability to work". Is it to understand that she can start something on her own or does she have to work for an employer?

Thank you for helping me understand this and providing me with direct contact, if possible.